Murano Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Thanks very much. I'll be in the 30's in the North Tower facing NorthEast. Do you think I have less of a chance of being affected?

Came across this site. Pretty awful reviews.

http://www.condoadvisory.com/item.php?item_id=9030

What do the residents think?

aren't you a resident/owner?
what has been your experience?

i found some of the comments fairly obvious such as being boxy and small kitchens with lack of storage ... a quick glance at the floorplans would have seen that.

noise, etc would not have been a given since it's pre-construction and one is at the mercy of the developer and would not know unless having lived in the unit for few days.

weren't the original plans to have 4 elevators for the 40+s building ???

aren't you a resident/owner?
what has been your experience?

i found some of the comments fairly obvious such as being boxy and small kitchens with lack of storage ... a quick glance at the floorplans would have seen that.

noise, etc would not have been a given since it's pre-construction and one is at the mercy of the developer and would not know unless having lived in the unit for few days.

weren't the original plans to have 4 elevators for the 40+s building ???

I'm an owner, but I don't live there (lived there for a short time and ended up moving to a bigger place). I find the layouts to be pretty good actually. Lack of storage is typical of any small unit. Noise transmission is really bad which seems to be commmon with Lanterra buildings. I don't know why there's only 3 elevators...and if someone's moving...there's only 2 left to service 40+ floors. That one makes no sense but I see other new buildings with similar setups (elevators are really quick, though). The lobby in the south tower has flooded at least 3 times already. I'm generally not pleased with the overall quality of the building...it registered in January but still seems unfinished. Hopefully Burano will be a better iteration of Murano.

With all that said, I've spoken to residents who love the building. I've had a tenant for about 6 months now...no complaints. Concierge is very good. It does have its strong points but I think the builder cut a lot of corners here. Perhaps other residents can jump in here.

TORONTO FALLING GLASS CLASS ACTIONS

Two proposed class action settlements may affect all persons who lived at One Bedford Condominium Towers or Murano Condominium Towers over allegations glass paneling installed on the balconies fell into the street.
  • The proposed One Bedford settlement includes all persons who owned, rented and/or ordinarily resided in one of the condominium residential units in the condominium located at 1 Bedford Road in Toronto (“One Bedford”) between August 13, 2011 and September 30, 2012, and who have not already opted out of the class proceeding. Information about the settlement Class is available at www.onebedfordsettlement.ca.
  • The proposed Murano Condominium Towers settlement includes all persons who owned, rented and/or ordinarily resided in one of the 731 condominium residential units in the condominium located at the North Tower, at 37 Grosvenor Street between November 30, 2010 to April 2011, and July 11 to November 2012, and the South Tower at 38 Grenville Street between August 2011 and December 2012, and who were not already opted out of the class proceeding. Information about the settlement Class is available at www.muranosettlement.ca.
The court in charge of these cases, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, will hold a virtual settlement approval hearing on June 14, 2023 at 10:00 AM to consider whether the proposed settlements are fair, reasonable and in the best interests of the Classes. Details on how to attend remotely will be posted at www.onebedfordsettlement.ca and at www.muranosettlement.ca.

Class Members may seek a share of the proposed $1MM One Bedford Settlement or of the proposed $2.7MM Murano Condominium Towers Settlement. If the Court approves the settlements, Eligible Class Members will receive an award of $500-$2,000 per unit. Claims cannot be made until after the proposed settlements are approved. If the Settlements are approved, further notice of the Settlement will NOT be given.

Monitor the Claims Administrator’s Websites and check them out regularly at www.onebedfordsettlement.ca or www.muranosettlement.ca or email the Claims Administrator at fallingglass@ricepoint.com for the latest information, including the status of the Settlements and the details and deadlines for making a claim.

RicePoint Administration Inc.
Settlement Administrator for Falling Glass Class Actions

FESTIVAL TOWER FALLING GLASS CLASS ACTION

A proposed class action settlement may affect all persons who lived at the King and John Festival Condominium over allegations glass paneling installed on the balconies fell into the street.

The proposed settlement includes all persons who owned, rented and/or ordinarily resided in one of the 381 condominium residential units in the condominium known as the King and John Festival Condominium located at the intersection of King Street and John Street, more specifically 326-358 King Street West (alternatively referred to as 80 John Street) between May 1, 2011, to November 30, 2012, (“Class Period”) and who have not already opted out of the class proceeding or signed a full and final release in favour of the defendants. Information about the settlement Class and defendants is available at www.festivalsettlement.ca.

The court in charge of this case, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, will hold a virtual settlement approval hearing on September 5, 2023 at 10:00 AM to consider whether the proposed settlement is fair, reasonable and in the best interests of the Class. Details on how to attend remotely will be posted to www.festivalsettlement.ca.

Class Members may seek a share of the proposed $800,000 settlement. If the Court approves the settlement, Eligible Class Members will receive an award of about $1,200 per unit. Claims cannot be made until after the proposed settlement is approved. If the Settlement is approved, further notice of the Settlement will NOT be given.

Monitor the Claims Administrator’s Website and check it out regularly at www.festivalsettlement.ca or email the Claims Administrator at festivalsettlement@ricepoint.com for the latest information, including the status of the Settlements and the details and deadlines for making a claim.

RicePoint Administration Inc.
Settlement Administrator for Festival Tower Falling Glass Class Action

Back