Murano Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

I'm wondering if that 6-inch spot gap is single layer drywall and what (if any) insulation is inside. How hollow does it sound when you give it a tap?

Funny, I brought this exact topic up last winter in the Casa thread. No one seemed concerned at the time... but I'm willing to bet that the thin "connection" between the concrete wall and the glass wall is responsible for a lot of leaked sound.

I'm wondering if that 6-inch spot gap is single layer drywall and what (if any) insulation is inside. How hollow does it sound when you give it a tap?

Sounds pretty hollow to me. I guess that explains it :(. Lets hope Casa used better material in that area. You think I'd be allowed to pull out that area and install proper insulation and thicker drywall? I guess I'd have to contact the builder.

The area in my bedroom is a 6 inch piece of drywall. But the area in my living room goes right up to the window bracket.

I attached some pics. The first 3 are the connection from my living room. The last one is the bedroom connection.

The thick walls are deff cement. I just broke 2 nails trying to hang a picture.

Attachments

• DSCN0870.jpg
    DSCN0870.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN0871.jpg
    DSCN0871.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN0872.jpg
    DSCN0872.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCN0873.jpg
    DSCN0873.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 417
The 2 buildings share 40 spots. Some are really tight though...like only a mini or smart car can fit. Still, a generous amount of spots.

that's pretty generous...where as RoCP don't even have 1! any other condos in the area without visitor parking?

that's pretty generous...where as RoCP don't even have 1! any other condos in the area without visitor parking?

That corner is pretty bad in terms of visitor parking....RoCP and the Liberties (older building) both don't have visitor parking iirc, although there is paid parking available very close.

That corner is pretty bad in terms of visitor parking....RoCP and the Liberties (older building) both don't have visitor parking iirc, although there is paid parking available very close.

Even w/ the generous visitor parking spaces, the weekends can get crazy, there have been people (visitors) parking in residents spots. One guy got so pissed called a towing company. :eek:
I must say, majority of residents parking spots are quite wide.

Actually, visitor parking has been reduced to about 30 or so spots. About 10 spots were purchased from the builder by individuals who required more than one spot. I guess they'll repaint the numbers as some of the resident spots still have the visitor parking marking.

On another note.....MURANO HAS REGISTERED!!!! Still waiting on carpet and wallpaper in my hallway though...it's been taking a while. Glad to have everything settled though.

Actually, visitor parking has been reduced to about 30 or so spots. About 10 spots were purchased from the builder by individuals who required more than one spot. I guess they'll repaint the numbers as some of the resident spots still have the visitor parking marking.

On another note.....MURANO HAS REGISTERED!!!! Still waiting on carpet and wallpaper in my hallway though...it's been taking a while. Glad to have everything settled though.

And what a coincidnce, I stepped out into the hallway today and saw 2 rolls of carpeting on the ground... can't wait. Looks like I missed the cutoff to be on the board.

i cannot believe fools bought in murano, or almost any new condo development on that note...

wallpaper and hallway lighting is quite nice. Soft neutral bright colours. However, the carpet could have been a better match, seems a bit cheap

Funny, I brought this exact topic up last winter in the Casa thread. No one seemed concerned at the time... but I'm willing to bet that the thin "connection" between the concrete wall and the glass wall is responsible for a lot of leaked sound.

I agree, and I'm quite worried about this. I'm used to living in a very quiet, solid condo, and I'll be really pissed off if I hear my neighbors in their bedrooms at Casa. Might have to get used to wearing earplugs.

Back