Murano Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Stainless steel appliances are extremely passé, as are beige'n black speckled countertops. (I'd gut the entire bathroom and kitchen, as both are rather cheap and plain and ugly.) Factor in the UT posters claiming the place has become a student ghetto and had severe flood damage, I'd say the place isn't worth more than $260,000.

(Love the exterior building design though.)

out of curiosity what type of appliances and countertops are "in"?

Last edited:
So I've been here a good 2 weeks...There's currently 1 elevator in service after 5pm I believe? Even with the 1 elevator I find getting in and out of the building not as much of a hassle as I had previously thought.

Unfortunately I'm located next to one of the units that had the exterior elevator attached to it so I'm being woken up around 7:00 AM each morning by drilling, sawing, nail guns, etc. The sounds aren't really that muted either...I'm not sure if that is telling of me being able to hear whoever moves in next door.

You can pretty much hear any conversation from the elevator. I did a sound test with a friend the other day....I heard him loud and clear. This is because a) the gap around the exterior door and the frame is huge...most of the sound is leaking out that way. b) there's also no carpeting/wallpaper yet in the hallways to absorb some of the sound. c) I also have no furniture in my unit to absorb any sound. I experienced this at my old building so I guess it's typical. Cops don't even have to tap phones in here, all they really have to do is stand a couple doors away lol.

Whoever has the painting contract in this building should be fired. Some of the worst painting I've ever seen. paint on carpets, floors, recepticles... I'm really not impressed with Lanterra so far, and seems like I'm not the only one as a disgruntled owner posted a letter in one of the elevators.

Hopefully things get better!!!

So I've been here a good 2 weeks...There's currently 1 elevator in service after 5pm I believe? Even with the 1 elevator I find getting in and out of the building not as much of a hassle as I had previously thought.

Unfortunately I'm located next to one of the units that had the exterior elevator attached to it so I'm being woken up around 7:00 AM each morning by drilling, sawing, nail guns, etc. The sounds aren't really that muted either...I'm not sure if that is telling of me being able to hear whoever moves in next door.

You can pretty much hear any conversation from the elevator. I did a sound test with a friend the other day....I heard him loud and clear. This is because a) the gap around the exterior door and the frame is huge...most of the sound is leaking out that way. b) there's also no carpeting/wallpaper yet in the hallways to absorb some of the sound. c) I also have no furniture in my unit to absorb any sound. I experienced this at my old building so I guess it's typical. Cops don't even have to tap phones in here, all they really have to do is stand a couple doors away lol.

Whoever has the painting contract in this building should be fired. Some of the worst painting I've ever seen. paint on carpets, floors, recepticles... I'm really not impressed with Lanterra so far, and seems like I'm not the only one as a disgruntled owner posted a letter in one of the elevators.

Hopefully things get better!!!

That's why I've only purchased from builders that have one project on the go. They are more detail oriented, plan better, and usually are more interested in the final product. This is what I've experienced over the last few years....I'm not saying that a builder with 1 project underway is better than one that has 10 on the go, but in general I have found the quality of both the buildings, and the service is better.

Hi All,

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I have the opportunity to buy a 2bed, 2bath unit @ Murano privately. Here are the details:

Aprrox 750 sq ft. Pezzati Model

20th floor, north facing.
2 bed
2 full bathroom
Stainless steel appliances
Granite counter in kitchen
Laminate in living/dining
Carpet in bedroom
Balcony
Parking + Locker

Here is a link to the same model unit.

http://urbanrealtytoronto.com/wordpress/2009/03/22/for-rent-murano-condos/

My question is...how much is this unit worth? Tough to gauge as the building is yet to be registered. I'm guessing something in the 410k range.
What do you all think?

This is one of our listings. If anyone is interested please contact me directly.

Thanks,

Yossi

Quick Question: Does anyone hear a slight buzzing sound in their units? It sounds like an old bathroom fan. It's intermittent but even if the tv's on, I can still hear it.

Also, not sure if it's just my unit, but when the heat goes on, there's a buzzing coming out of the main vent. I've never heard such a loud heat/AC unit.

I'm chalking these 2 things up to the building not being done yet. Hopefully they will work out the kinks.

If you want to cut down on external noise from the hallway put some foam weather stripping around the door. I've got a double layer of it on my door which prevents just about any noise from the hallway from disturbing us or are dogs who are prone to bark at unexpected noises.

The fans making noise happen in my condo too. I'm waiting to report it when a common area form is put out. I'm not sure when this goes out though... I think it may be a year after closing. So if it bugs you you might want to call the developer.

If you want to cut down on external noise from the hallway put some foam weather stripping around the door. I've got a double layer of it on my door which prevents just about any noise from the hallway from disturbing us or are dogs who are prone to bark at unexpected noises.

The fans making noise happen in my condo too. I'm waiting to report it when a common area form is put out. I'm not sure when this goes out though... I think it may be a year after closing. So if it bugs you you might want to call the developer.
Which tower are you in?

Glad to hear I'm not the only who feels the fan is abnormally loud.

Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase weather stripping for around the door?

Is there a specific type or brand of weather stripping that is ideal to reduce sound transfer around the door?

Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase weather stripping for around the door?

Is there a specific type or brand of weather stripping that is ideal to reduce sound transfer around the door?

I just using black foam weatherstripping that I got and Canadian Tire. I doubled it as I had a large gap between my door and the frame... Before you do it you should be able to feel air flowing between the cracks.

All strips should be placed on the frame so the foam faces the front of the door except the hinge side which should be facing the side of the door. Make sure to put a strip at the floor level too. It will be a little tight to close at first but after about a week it will close normally.

and yes... I live at the LotE. I just like to peruse lots of threads :)

I've read the whole thread, and I must say, I'm shocked, this place sounds like a living hell, an absolute dump. Graffiti in the elevators? people blocking the proper positive air pressure from coming under their doors? What kind of life is that?

I've read the whole thread, and I must say, I'm shocked, this place sounds like a living hell, an absolute dump. Graffiti in the elevators? people blocking the proper positive air pressure from coming under their doors? What kind of life is that?
I wouldn't go as far as to call it a living hell. Just a couple of things that need to be rectified. The building has yet to be finished, no condo board, etc...

Back