News   Aug 30, 2024
 29     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 240     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 254     3 

Municipal Races in the 905

There is no point in posting anything Mississauga-related since there is no more democracy in Mississauga anyways. Just look at this: http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/32398--council-kills-question-period

i have no problem with this. utlize a formal delagation process like every other municipal council.

council meetings are long enough.

and this guy abused the process. every municipality has to deal with one or two of these characters.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for public participation. and so is Mississauga Council.. they've just put an end to some small town practice that was asking for trouble.

Don Barber is a clown and why no one voted for him as Mayor. He is the last person you want for a mayor and Hell would be better than him.

The problem with no one to speak now, allows the City to do more underhanded things that don't get brought before General committee in the first time.

Having a 5 minute time limit is the way to go, but it has to be for all parties. Seen too many presentation that should never should have been council in the first place even by staff.

Even though Hazel saying she is running and no surprise, I expect to see a few on council to go after her seat next year along with a few others who have sat on the sideline too long.

Don Barber is a clown and why no one voted for him as Mayor. He is the last person you want for a mayor and Hell would be better than him.

The problem with no one to speak now, allows the City to do more underhanded things that don't get brought before General committee in the first time.

Having a 5 minute time limit is the way to go, but it has to be for all parties. Seen too many presentation that should never should have been council in the first place even by staff.

Even though Hazel saying she is running and no surprise, I expect to see a few on council to go after her seat next year along with a few others who have sat on the sideline too long.

Agree, Donald Barber is a fool and so was the other candidate last time. You'd have to be crazy to vote for either of them. They abuse the question period for their personal political ambitions and now it will be gone.

But that doesn't excuse taking away question period completely, or Nando Iannicca's verbal attack on a citizen who opposed the removal of question period (as I do). Two wrongs don't make a right.

council meetings are long enough.

They had better be considering the fact that Hazel and the Mississauga councillors are among the highest-paid municipal politicians in Canada...

Back