News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 725     0 

Multiplexes

724 Landsdowne plodding along. What I found more interesting is the laneway suite behind 726 Landsdowne. This has the highest ceiling that I have seen so far and might make a great event-space! The evolution of the laneway suite continues! Lol Taken 29 January.

IMG_6508.jpeg
IMG_6509.jpeg
IMG_6510.jpeg
IMG_6511.jpeg
IMG_6511.jpeg
IMG_6512.jpeg
IMG_6512.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg
IMG_6514.jpeg
IMG_6515.jpeg
IMG_6516.jpeg
IMG_6517.jpeg

I wonder if height limits are contributing to the preponderance of flat roofs. Not a great choice for a snowy, relatively wet climate like ours.

I wonder. I do know that flat roofs are cheaper to build and increase the amount of useable space. Also it may allow for roof decks when funds become available.

A duplex near Bathurst & College:

23 LIPPINCOTT ST

To alter the existing three-storey semi-detached dwelling by constructing a three-storey rear addition, a rear third floor balcony, rear basement walkout and stairs. Also to construct a detached carport at the rear of the property. The existing rear two-storey and one-storey additions, and rear detached garage will be demolished. There will be two dwelling units on the lot.

lippin.JPG
lippin2.JPG

Adding more density to an existing mixed-use building on Roncy:

133 RONCESVALLES AVE

To alter the existing three-storey mixed-use building (containing ground floor commercial space and two residential dwelling units above) by constructing a rear three-storey addition with a mezzanine level above the third storey. This altered building will maintain commercial space on the ground floor and will provide a total of six residential dwelling units on the second and third storeys.

rocnyc.JPG

1350 Davenport Road just east of Dufferin. 3 unit building with garages converted to 7 units and one parking space. I wouldn’t be surprised if garage conversions are outpacing laneway suite construction. Certainly cheaper and fast turn around. This is also about 5 minutes from Geary Avenue.

IMG_7034.png

236 Cedric Avenue just off Caledonia for two triplexes. This is in a really interesting area and quite far north.

IMG_7103.png
IMG_7104.png

Back