News   Apr 23, 2024
 511     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Moving company recommendations?

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm moving out of my apartment in North York and moving closer downtown. I'm just looking for a good, professional crew to move the furniture and heavy boxes, a cube van ought to be enough room to hold everything.

There's enough horror stories in the moving business, so I'm looking for anyone who's moved lately who can recommend or give steer-clear warnings for firms.

The Moving Group. I and a few family members have used their services and they were good. They require minimum of 2 hours.

The movers I used were amazing. Very no nonsense, no chit chat, got the work done quickly and efficiently, no damage:

Tome Moving and Cartage
Joe or John Tome

The movers I used were amazing. Very no nonsense, no chit chat, got the work done quickly and efficiently, no damage:

Tome Moving and Cartage
Joe or John Tome

Tome Moving and Cartage
Joe or John Tome

I've used Tome and highly recommend them. Fast, no damage and inexpensive. They wrapped my couch in fabric before encasing it in plastic. Book early since they only have one truck. Additionally you can try Two Men and Truck. However I found them to be slow and cost almost double what I paid Tome. I have moved 7x times in the last 6-7 years.

GTA Moving
Not the cheapest but great.
The only moving company who replied just 120 minutes later after my e-mail (website) request.
Others came back 2-3 days later.
Had two awesome guys from east Europe. Very hard workers, great guys.
Never complained, and our move was really not easy ( Centro, running with all stuff from North tower entrance to the south tower elevator, thanks a bunch....)
The move-in was a nightmare, the two guys from GTA moving were fantastic!!

jausa

I concur with the review of Tome Moving. They are good. Fast but careful. One caveat though, they require 3 hours minimum plus 30 minutes each way for the truck. Anyone interested in using Tome need to maximize their time.

Ended up paying $380 + $50 tip for 1.5 hour moving job.

Back