News   Jul 24, 2024
 987     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 610     0 

Most undervalued area in Toronto?

flex3

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any ideas on what areas in Toronto (east of Yonge) are most undervalued and will experience decent price appreciation over the next 5 years due to intensificatoin and gentrification. In most particular detached homes, not condos/apartments.

Thoughts?

Any ideas on what areas in Toronto (east of Yonge) are most undervalued and will experience decent price appreciation over the next 5 years due to intensificatoin and gentrification. In most particular detached homes, not condos/apartments.

Thoughts?

Bloor from Yonge east to Sherborne.

It won't appreciate, nothing will, everything will deprecation factoring in inflation, but I believe it is undervalued and under-developed.

My house... until it got reassessed last month. :(

I did a basement reno and MPAC decided to send a real person to assess the house in person. This is what happens when you do things by the book with permits. You get penalized for being honest...

Dundas to Railroad tracks just North of Gerrard from Broadview to Coxwell (more particularly from Broadview to Greenwood).

You have Riverdale to the North, Leslieville to the South and the Upper Beach to the East. As people are priced out of those areas, they'll look to the pocket I just suggested. Starbucks is opening at the corner of Jones & Gerrard and they do their homework!

Msg me if you want some assistance. This is one of the prime areas we cover for our clients looking for homes.

but wouldn't that require the ghetto to disappear first ???

It's not really a ghetto. We looked at purchasing in the area, and it is not bad at all. The afterhours bars/gambling dens attract a certain clientele from the less savoury neighbourhoods to the west (past Duffering it gets real sketchy), which skews the crime statistics and makes the area much less desireable than it really is. Property values are already rising considerably, as it is one of the few areas in mid-town that's at least semi-affordable to potential new home owners.

It's not really a ghetto. We looked at purchasing in the area, and it is not bad at all. The afterhours bars/gambling dens attract a certain clientele from the less savoury neighbourhoods to the west (past Duffering it gets real sketchy), which skews the crime statistics and makes the area much less desireable than it really is. Property values are already rising considerably, as it is one of the few areas in mid-town that's at least semi-affordable to potential new home owners.

As did we and we were impressed. The five points intersection (Oakwood, Vaughan, Belvidere) is a bit rough but once you on to the residential streets the area is pretty solid - nice homes, decently maintained, pride of ownership is evident particularly for many of the small bungalows. The area still has a whole whack of old Italians, there is some West Indian community and some Jews just south of Eglinton. They're seeing more Portuguese and some middle-income yuppies moving in to the area.

Some of the parts east of Vaughan are a little pricey in relation to their size/location (Cedarvale effect)

If only Oakwood still had its streetcar...

Weston.

Turn of the century detached homes below $500.

20 minutes to Union on the GO Train.

Walking distance to big boxes.

Stone's throw to major highways.

with exception of Cabbagetown, I would say.... From Yonge to Don Valley Parkway, Adelaide up to Bloor st...!?

Back