2.7K     8 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 335     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 962     4 

Most Obscure Location I've Logged into UT From

R

rdaner

Sorry for the rambling title but I am in the Siwa Oasis in the Sahara Desert in Egypt and wondered if this was the furthest location for someone to login to this site.

I once logged in from Cuzco, Peru, but beat a hasty retreat when I considered the madness of it. Get back to your sand dunes and date palms!

Probably the most obsure, but I think Melbourne, Australia (Tayser) is farther to Toronto than Egypt, distance wise at least.

Fakenham Public Library in exotic and uncharted rural Norfolk, England.

Re: japan

At the rear of a cafe near St. Mark's Place and Second Avenue in Manhattan. Hardly obscure, I know, but still...

Hmmm... I'd have to go with:

Alsop's Peckham Library

pecklib2.jpg

I guess second place would be the Geography Department at the University of Salzburg.

I logged in from the suburban wastelands of Mississauga.

Beat that!

Peckham, Shmeckham, our Alsop gets a nice two page photo in Charles Jencks's The Iconic Building.

OCAD certainly is photogenic. I do like the cladding on Peckham... at least in the photo it looks good.

ocad_h436.jpg

Most obscure login location? Hmmm, nothing too exotic... various European locales.

Peckham, Shmeckham, our Alsop gets a nice two page photo in Charles Jencks's The Iconic Building.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as a recommendation or a condemnation. Recall that the Mississauga City Hall got the cover of one of his earlier books.

Back