News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 534     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

More on the new busses...

The only problem that occurs is when you start pushing on the bars before the lights indicate the doors can be open. This causes to the doors to jam temporarily. Just let go of the door, let it reset, and then try to open it. And remember next time to wait for the lights to turn on before trying to open the door. The old Orion V's were exactly the same way.

If you want to see crappy rear doors, check out the Nova buses in Brampton, which use sensors instead of pushbars.

The rear doors of the recent New Flyer buses in Mississauga only require a light tap with a finger to open.

Yes. You're repeating yourself, which affords me the luxury of repeating myself: "Wait until it doesn't work like it's supposed to."

I am pretty sure the design for the bus shelters is the same all over the GTA. Except with different colours I guess...

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the shelters. Perhaps you can elaborate.

The next time you're riding a bus, or streetcar, make a mental note to check the bus shelters. There are many; one of which type is the old style 'box' shelter outside my place that has been without one window for about a year now -not to mention the aluminum sheeting hanging off the side.
The shelters I was referring to are the ones without 'ends' (a la the stupid streetcar shelters on Spadina)on them that barely keep the rain/snow off of perhaps 3 people at one time, and do nothing to block the cold winter wind.

The shelters I was referring to are the ones without 'ends' (a la the stupid streetcar shelters on Spadina)on them that barely keep the rain/snow off of perhaps 3 people at one time, and do nothing to block the cold winter wind.

It's as if the TTC has a vendetta against walls... Those shelters are absolutely useless.

the doors on the new buses arent the "tap" type.

you have to push with a bit of force to get them to open. and you have to apply pressure to both bars instead of one. its possible to do it with just one, but you need to push much harder.

these doors suck, not for myself, but for these slow, frail women that take long to reach the door, and then cant figure out how to open it, or push it too soon because the light takes a while to turn on after the bus stops. then the door gets stuck and we all have to wait.

man.. i hate these buses

Back