News   Apr 16, 2024
 52     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 489     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

While it's unfortunate that the cost of expropriation has risen, would sitting on 1.2 billion worth of land be an opportunity to build things (or sell to developers who would) and make money off the land Hong Kong style?

I mean, if you buy land and build under it, you still have that land's air rights to sell/rent along with construction staging lands. The value doesn't just disappear. 🤔
That's what the STM wants but the city wants to keep the land as social housing, hence why the costs are getting higher for the expropriations.

Later that same day, Quebec government changes its mind about dropping a station:

Controversy and reversal after talk of dropping station from blue-line metro plans​

No, they didn't change their mind. The QC govt just said that the City and the STM must find a way to respect the budget. Nothing in their statement to CTV says that dropping a station is now off the table.

Canora Station posted on FB
1621557987472.png

The colour scheme designer must be from Toronto. Not my choice for the shade of grey, though.
Are you referring to the concrete? 🤔
I think it is the same shade everywhere.

They seem to be using blueish/greenish glass on the stations and the trains are mostly black and white with some green thrown in on each side.

Not Montreal, but here's the proposal for the Quebec-Levis tunnel, featuring mysterious underground BRT stations.

carte-rec-1536x949.jpg

Is there a thread for this project and/or Quebec City transit discussion?

Big interview with the CEO of the CDPQi in La Presse today. Tidbits : Lachine extension of the REM-B was costed by the government and planned in the province infrastructure projects. Laval and Longueuil extensions to be looked at after the first REM is done as there's a shortage of staff and workers.

Big interview with the CEO of the CDPQi in La Presse today. Tidbits : Lachine extension of the REM-B was costed by the government and planned in the province infrastructure projects. Laval and Longueuil extensions to be looked at after the first REM is done as there's a shortage of staff and workers.

Some tidbits that stood out to me as well:

REM1
The fund 'believes that they will provide a 3.7 ROI to the Quebec gov for the amount they pinched in for the project.

REM East:
They are reviewing REM East's projected ridership up by 'at least' 20 percent. So expected ridership is 159,600 per day or more.
So far the fund is confident of its 10B estimate.
They want to share more about the elevated downtown segment's design around November this year.

Back