News   Apr 19, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 567     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 948     3 

Montage and Neo Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

Question about appliances. Does it specify anywhere that the appliances have to be a specific brand? I could have sworn that the model suite had a LG fridge but I just had my PDI and have a "Bloomberg" fridge installed.

Question about appliances. Does it specify anywhere that the appliances have to be a specific brand? I could have sworn that the model suite had a LG fridge but I just had my PDI and have a "Bloomberg" fridge installed.

If it is white it is LG, Stainless is Bloomberg. That is the standard in Cityplace.

Last thing I heard from the builder 2 weeks ago was April or May for final registration.

I wouldn't trust whatever they say until you get sent a paper confirming final registration date. You will get confirmation a month or so before it closes. I got mine around April/May for westone. Closing was in July.

Some are LG and some are Bloomberg; there is no "standard at cityplace". Also your contract doesn't specify a particular model or brand.

Most are LG, stainless or otherwise. But don't worry, they are both crap. :)

7 months for Neo, wow. I spoke with customer care and they've quoted 4-6 months from March for Montage - so that brings it to late summer (fingers crossed it will be earlier).

I have a question in regards to interim occupancy procedures (more specifically for Montage): 5% is due on occupancy. I spoke with the sales department to see what happens if I put more than this down and was informed that this would directly affect what I would be charged in terms of the occupancy fee (phantom mortgage). However, I was only told a range of what I 'could' be charged for that time until the building is registered. I guess I'm just curious to know if anyone out there put more than the required 5% due on occupancy and if your phantom mortgage was reduced significantly. Is this a good idea or should I wait until final closing to put any additional money down (this of course coming from a first-time buyer)? Any ideas/feedback would be appreciated :)

Here's a pic of the completed Montage from my friend's balcony...

3294109856_c4db107d31_b.jpg

Nice pic. At a gathering which features some forumers last night, I ventured, carefully and with hesitation, in perhaps the same tone of voice that one might say that one has killed a newborn, that I thought Montage was a handsome building.

One is not apparently supposed to like the CityPlace buildings, and it is with trepidation that I announce myself.

But they were kind and essentially agreed with me, that it's handsome. So I felt OK about the whole thing.

Montage is quite attractive; I like it a lot.

^BABY KILLER!!!

Oh, sorry.

I'll grant that the south face looks okay. The north side is banal, imo. Had the City Place people opted for a greater variation in cladding on this crop of buildings, maybe the qualities of this project would have stood out a little more.

That side looks great, better than the render too.

Closing

So, NEO is closing on May 7th now... anyone get decent mortgage rates? Who are you going with? Who's going with the group package from RBC?

looks good. quick question; why are the majority of condos in toronto built so close to the streets?

All condos ive lived in previously/seen in Asia have gated entrances or at least somewhere where visitors can park and wait (ie taxis, guests) right outside the lobby. Is it just toronto type styling or are firms too cheap to build this?

There are condo's that are built like this (a courtyard, etc.), but building right to the street is actually something that I really like. When you set a building back from the street, you disconnect it from the city and create even more of a "gated environment" and massive "dead spots" between the restaurants/cafes, etc that we want to encourage pedestrian access to. We also have ridiculously low crime rates so while safety is always an issue perhaps we don't need that one extra bit.

I'd say to capitalize on the commercial aspect of the buildings... bottoms floors are repurposed for additional income and to "contribute" to the community.

Anyone able to get the clear sliding bedroom door changed to frosted glass door in their Neo suite? Thanks.

Back