News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 427     0 

Mobilia Furniture

You need to contact John Ritchie in Montreal.. He is the one in authority to fix all the problems. Dont waste your time with the useless customer service people-they cant do anything.

worst customer service ever!!!

I've had a similar experience as Terri above. we bought a 5-piece sectional set in january 2010 from the mobilia store in Ottawa. the furniture arrived in the middle of winter but the delivery guys refused to remove their boots to bring the furniture down in the basement, ruining the carpet with their wet boots in the process...they claimed that for insurance reasons, they had to keep their steel toe boots on but didn't bring those shoe covers...and that's just the beginning of our ordeal. when they unpacked the furniture, exactly half of it was of a different shade...the whole thing was a miss-matched!!! so you had one chair in a shade with the corresponding cushion or back rest in a different shade. when pointed that out to the delivery guys, they claim coming in from Montreal and couldn't take it back but to call customer service (cs) and they'll have everything sorted out. they sounded so reassuring that we didn't think anything of it. Boy were we ever wrong! ALL LIES!!! first, this happened a saturday morning. when We called the tel# given to us by the delivery folks, we found out that cs was close that weekend. I felt uneasy and called the store on the Sunday and even showed up there with two cushions that had different shades. our sales person agreed that the difference in shade was significant enough, so did the store manager. they also gave me that same tel# to call and said to talk to the lady who deals with all customer service matter on the Monday. I called on the Monday and got her voicemail which stated that she was away on that day but will be back the next day, i therfore didn't leave a message and thought would call back the next day. when i finally talk to her on the tuesday morning, she said that it is normal that shades for texture may be a bit different and they did not consider this a defect. I mentioned to her that everyone who's been over our house in the past couple of days notice the difference and even her colleague at the store agreed that it was substantial and should be replaced. She was adamant that this happens all the time with furniture at any store...is she dellusional??? it is almost as if they were putting together the 5-piece set and ran out of fabric half way through and used a newly weaved fabric with a similar but different color mix! she then changed her tune and ask me why we did not returned the set with the delivery guys!?! after arguing with her for about 10 minutes I realised that she would not help in finding a resolution and reminded her that Our furniture cost over $4,000 and we would've appreciated better customer service. she actually said that I could get a refund if I wanted to but because it's been more than 48 hours (2 days), we would have to pay a 20% restocking fee! needless to say that we were incensed! their CS is closed on the weekend although they make deliveries and the only person it seems that deals with these cases was on vacation on the Monday but yet it is our fault as we should've left a message...horrible. we went back to the store manager as he had told us (without much conviction) to come back if we required further assistance. I've never seen such a poor excuse of a manager. the man was powerless and almost seemed scare to take on the central administration when we explained our frustration. Since then, We tell everyone We know not to buy anything from that joke of a store and their.

Such a stressful experience! Sorry you had to go through it... Clearly you're not alone.

I've just heard a brand new radio commercial for Mobilia. Sadly a lot more people will probably get roped in and have to endure a hellish experience. Such a horrible, horrible company. It's mind-boggling how they're still in business.

horrible mobilia service

Hi Guys,

I was going to lay out here all the problems I am having with mobilia but they are in consistency the same. BAD SERVICE.
I am interested in gathering enough people to start a class action lawsuit against this scrupulous individuals who run a business out of people of good faith like us. Please contact me if you want to help, participate or want to share your thoughts about the idea. Please spread the word, it is time to put an end to this.

Clear Cut Case

I have a clear cut case which will FINALLY CONFIRM or DISCOUNT the advice "Never Shop at Mobilia" and also reveal whether or not Mr. John Ritchie (Operations Manager of North America), and I name him only because he has been mentioned in previous posts to this thread, is part of the solution or part of the problem.

I will not say as of yet what defects the furniture had, nor how Mobilia customer service dealt with the issues, sufficed to say that we have an extremely clear cut case and we have been in contact with Mr. Ritchie. We have forwarded him a very reasonable proposal, his response to which will indicate whether or not Mobilia is acting in good faith with its customers or not.

I have every reason to hope that Mr. Ritchie will take responsibility and deal with the issue, showing that Mobilia can deal with its clientele honestly and with integrity, and that they are in the business of selling goods, and not peddling "bads".

If we have a positive outcome I will return only to say that the outcome was positive, and will not divulge the details of the case on this web page or in any other forum.

If the outcome is not positive, stay tuned, we will be posting here with all of the details, posting on other websites, and possibly going to the press and taking legal action.

Cross your fingers, and hope with me that Mobilia will do what is right!

...and Stay Tuned!!

-Early indications are looking positive... we will update once everything is finalized -Oct 14, 2010

-Although we've been promised a resolution to the situation we will see if there is a delay implementing the resolution

-Scheduled resolution is for October 23, 2010

-Returned furniture for FULL refund. Had to be extremely tenacious, kept all evidence of defects, records of every interaction with customer service etc. essentially had to threaten to go to Small Claims court.

ADVICE 1. Insist on an inspection by a neutral third party technician. 2. DO NOT SIGN anything unless you can KEEP A COPY of it e.g. a fabric technician's report or else you will need to compell it for your court case... 3. DO NOT agree to anything which you do NOT actually beleive. If something smells MUSTY, MOULDY, or ROTTEN don't let the technician talk you into agreeing it smells "like salty sea air" because it IS A TRICK to get out of replacing BAD furniture.

PS: You CAN solve your problems with Ritchie, but you need to be firm.

Last edited:
insist for your money back from whom? When I read reviews about mobila I cancelled my replacement sofa and chose to keep my defective one because it wasn't that bad and I was terrified of what I'd end up with and that I'd be charged a 20% restocking fee to boot. After MONTHS of the buck being passed, and after making my decision to keep the 1st sofa, I called the leather treatment people only to find that their number is out of service. Now I HAVE to call John Richie in Montreal to see how the heck I'm going to get my leather treatment.

I also tried to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau. So far they have contacted Mobilia - that was 10 days ago - and have received no response! The best they can do is threaten to post them on a consumer beware site if they don't respond, or I have to go to small claims court - which will cost me!! Some consumer protection!

If I were rich, I'd buy ad space just to advertise how utterly horrible a company this is. They are crooks and shameless two faced people!

insist for your money back from whom? When I read reviews about mobila I cancelled my replacement sofa and chose to keep my defective one because it wasn't that bad and I was terrified of what I'd end up with and that I'd be charged a 20% restocking fee to boot. After MONTHS of the buck being passed, and after making my decision to keep the 1st sofa, I called the leather treatment people only to find that their number is out of service. Now I HAVE to call John Richie in Montreal to see how the heck I'm going to get my leather treatment.

I also tried to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau. So far they have contacted Mobilia - that was 10 days ago - and have received no response! The best they can do is threaten to post them on a consumer beware site if they don't respond, or I have to go to small claims court - which will cost me!! Some consumer protection!

If I were rich, I'd buy ad space just to advertise how utterly horrible a company this is. They are crooks and shameless two faced people!

Please send me a message with you contact info and i will look into have your treatment done.

Mobilia

Please send me a message with you contact info and i will look into have your treatment done.

Mobilia

Whoever you are, if you are sincere, I thank you for your offer to help, but please understand I have so much been given the run around by your company, that it is utterly impossible for me to trust ANY of its employees. I am only willing to speak to John Ritichie at this point.

I'm sure if your company has any good will towards it's clients - and by good will, I mean any intention of actually offering services that have been paid for and promised - nothing out of the ordinary for most other companies, John Ritchie would most surely have the authority to extend it in all circumstances.

Has anyone ever taken them to small claims court?

If you've takend mobilia to small claims court, I'd like to hear about it. I'm pretty close to going there right now.

Ok, 2 months ago I was a big fan of Never shop at mobila, because of their horrible customer service.but now I have to say: They have improved their service A LOT !
I had issues with their warranty agreement, and they refused to satisfy me, I told them that there is no wonder why people are giving them such bad reviews, and ended up talikng to manager. They took care of the situation and now all I have to say is that : they have improved a lot ! They have unique designs that you can not find elsewhere. so all together I m happy with Mobilia now !

Hope they read my review and know that if they make a customer happy, that customer becomes their advertiser !!

Ok, 2 months ago I was a big fan of Never shop at mobila, because of their horrible customer service.but now I have to say: They have improved their service A LOT !
I had issues with their warranty agreement, and they refused to satisfy me, I told them that there is no wonder why people are giving them such bad reviews, and ended up talikng to manager. They took care of the situation and now all I have to say is that : they have improved a lot ! They have unique designs that you can not find elsewhere. so all together I m happy with Mobilia now !

Hope they read my review and know that if they make a customer happy, that customer becomes their advertiser !!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. They are read and are appreciated.

Regards,

Mobilia

Back