News   Jul 25, 2024
 214     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 757     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

miWay Transit

MT ridership actually decreased 3% in 2008 and further decrease is expected for 2009, so I am glad council does not support service cuts or fare increase, despite the revenue shortfall that the ridership loss has caused.

Route 8 change will take place in Dec with 8 doing Port Credit to Sq One. Route 14 will replace 8 for rest of 8 route as well 37A.

This is a mistake. Route 8 is already like 2 routes in one, now it will be 3 routes in one. It really should be split if anything, one route serving Clarkson/Port Credit/Dixie Mall and the other just serving Cawthra Rd and Square One.

The 37A should be taken over by either the 13 or 48. The 37A is an industrial route - do enough of those industrial workers live in Lorne Park to justify this new route 14?

MT ridership actually decreased 3% in 2008 and further decrease is expected for 2009, so I am glad council does not support service cuts or fare increase, despite the revenue shortfall that the ridership loss has caused.

Why is ridership expected to fall again in 2009? Is it because I stopped taking transit in 2008 when I finally bought a car? :p

2010 buses have been order without going to council and we are getting ""HELL"" Orion VII Hybirds

Why on earth would they do that when it's obvious to everyone the New Flyers are much better??

Order pooling with the TTC or something?

Ratburn ROW construction starts next year.

what exactly is this for?

Getting buses to/from the terminals.

Traffic will be a single lane and I can hear it now from the car folks.

The funny part, there has been no EA for this ROW to date unless I have been sleeping too long.

Expect long delays during construction.

Getting buses to/from the terminals.

Traffic will be a single lane and I can hear it now from the car folks.

The funny part, there has been no EA for this ROW to date unless I have been sleeping too long.

Expect long delays during construction.

This is extremely puzzling. I was not aware that there was a problem getting buses to the terminals, but even if that were the case, why would we want construction on Rathburn, which is a residential street? Buses to and from the terminals should move along Burnhamthorpe. Something doesn't make sense here.

Edit: It just occurred to me belatedly that maybe this rebuilding of Rathburn is only in the immediate vicinity of the Square One terminal. If so, that would make sense, but that would only be for a couple of blocks.

Last edited:
MT announce the 101 Oakvile Express. The 201 not being cancelled as I expect, it will be become coordinated with the 101, similar to the way the 102/202 are. Combined 101 and 201 Oakvile and Dundas Express will have 10 minute frequency east of UTM. Which is not only a decrease in service west of Westdale (from 7-15 minutes to 20 minutes) but also in the peak direction east of Westdale (from 7-9 minutes to 10 minutes). At least that is my understanding based on the description (no schedule posted yet). I am not sure how they are going have the 201 have equal frequency in both directions since it is interlined with the 230 (a unidirectional route), among other routes.

But why introduce the 101 in October? Why not introduce it in September before school starts? Why not introduce all routes at the same time? They all always spread the major changes out, I think is part of the reason why ridership declined in 2008. They make major changes 5 times a year and the printed map is only updated twice a year and so riders don't what is going on.

Last edited:
MT announce the 101 Oakvile Express. The 201 not being cancelled as I expect, it will be become coordinated with the 101, similar to the way the 102/202 are. Combined 101 and 201 Oakvile and Dundas Express will have 10 minute frequency east of UTM. Which is not only a decrease in service west of Westdale (from 7-15 minutes to 20 minutes) but also in the peak direction east of Westdale (from 7-9 minutes to 10 minutes). At least that is my understanding based on the description (no schedule posted yet). I am not sure how they are going have the 201 have equal frequency in both directions since it is interlined with the 230 (a unidirectional route), among other routes.

But why introduce the 101 in October? Why not introduce it in September before school starts? Why not introduce all routes at the same time? They all always spread the major changes out, I think is part of the reason why ridership declined in 2008. They make major changes 5 times a year and the printed map is only updated twice a year and so riders don't what is going on.

The clowns don't know how to do how to do things right the first time.

Some has to do with funding.

The first Orion 1003 is here and look at the top.
1003-1.jpg

We talk about TTC hand written notices, but this one beats them.
IMG_sept-23-09-0002.jpg

IMG_sept-23-09-0001.jpg

All MT buses are black, orange, and white... I guess all MT buses are disgusting???

That bus actually looks much better than any other MT bus, though I still prefer the New Flyer buses.

The first Orion 1003 is here and look at the top.

[/QUOTE]

It's a Photoshop job. The wiseguy on the other forum decided to not make it clear.

Ain't technology grand. Another member decided to make one as well:

[URL="http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/hl7534/MT1011.jpg"]Photo(shop)[/URL]

Last edited:
All MT buses are black, orange, and white... I guess all MT buses are disgusting???

That bus actually looks much better than any other MT bus, though I still prefer the New Flyer buses.

No, these look disgusting. There is more white on the current fleet than black, which I prefer over the one posted above.

Back