News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 563     0 

Mississauga Summit (Mississauga Int'l Airport?)

If Hazel is successful in brookering that deal with the federal government, then say goodbye to Toronto and hello MISISSAUGA branded all over the airport.

Talk about OBSCENE. $150 million and you can change the name of an international airport to whatever you want.

Frankly, with how perverted Mississauga is I'm surprised it wasn't changed to Hazel McCallion International.

And yes. I'm serious.

Mississauga primarily trumpets itself by crapping on how all other municipalities fail to live up to the Mississauga Standard.

Louroz. Hint. Attend AUDIT COMMITTEE meetings some time.

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

Sure. I take requests from time to time.

By request, the Mississauga Busway Song:

---
Once heard at a Mississauga Council Meeting:....

Busway! Busway! Busway!

We've got concerns about the route that's chosen!
- Sorry guys, Hazel's spoken!

Busway,
Busway,
Busway!!!!!
Bus - D'oh!

WHOA! SeanTrans! Clearly you go to Council meetings too! Wave at me on Wednesday, dude!

I remember that "Busway" Mississauga Council meeting. I was shocked there was so much discussion and debate instead of "Item B-5. Moved, Seconded. Passed. Item B-6."

And Mississauga would have a Busway.

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

The sad thing is, based on Hazel's silly antics in the past, I actually believed they requested the name change for real.

So did I. I really believed Mississauga was brokering a deal with the Feds to rename Toronto Pearson to Mississauga International Airport. And yes, for $150 million.

And yes, even though I knew what $150 million is in the Mississauga budget. I still figured they'd try for a rename.

This is the Council that just approved $60,000 to bail out Mississauga Orchestra and also forgive a $125,000 loan outstanding from 2005.

At the other end of the spectrum, Mississauga approved just $200 (yes, two hundred dollars) for the 2007 Malton Community Festival.

When you add in a Conservative Federal Government and the name "Pearson International....

Mississauga --in so many ways I'm reminded of that cartoon "Pinky and the Brain".

City Manager: "Gee, Madame Mayor, what do you want to do tonight?"

Hazel McCallion: "Same thing we do every night, Janice: Try to take over the world! ...

Signed,
The Mississauga Muse

For Wed council meeting.

1. 21st. Century Conversation – My Future Mississauga
2. Hurontario/Main Street Corridor – Higher-Order Transit Feasibility Study
3. Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project, Canada Strategic Infrastructure Fund (CSIF Agreement)

(Frankly, with how perverted Mississauga is I'm surprised it wasn't changed to Hazel McCallion International.) I would have to agree if it change to Mississauga.

It's up to the feds what the airport gets called. Mississauga can make whatever crazy suggestions they want, but it wouldn't be up to them.

I'll reiterate that the whole $150 Million renaming thing is just being cooked up at the GTAA as a way to bring attention to the exorbitant rent that the feds charge Pearson every year. It's just a publicity stunt.

Hey Louroz,

Any response from the GTAA yet with regards to the specifications and limitations of the currently installed cable car people mover system?

Hey Louroz,

Any response from the GTAA yet with regards to the specifications and limitations of the currently installed cable car people mover system?

With the line to go to Eglinton, we can get rid of that rollercoster ride.

If you extend the line up to GO new Woodbine station that will be one long waiting time some where around 20-30 minutes.

If they rebuild the system itself using the existing supports and stations you could put in a new system that can keep on expanding and only requires new trains to maintain the headway.

It going to be priciest.

Back