346     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Speaking of renovation... Found this in the Mississauga Life Magazine website:

Erin Mills Town Centre set for a major transformation

One of Mississauga’s hidden retail gems, Erin Mills Town Centre is about to enter an exciting new chapter in its 22-year history.

Under the leadership of 20 VIC Management Inc. and guidance of its vice-president, Nance MacDonald, Erin Mills Town Centre will undergo a massive facelift that will reenergize the customer experience and elevate the shopping centre into its rightful place as a Mississauga landmark.

MacDonald, well known community leader and past General Manager of Ontario’s largest shopping centre, Square One, came to Erin Mills in January with just one goal in mind: to complete Mississauga’s retail landscape with an upgrade that will include exciting new retail choices and a refreshed atmosphere.

“Erin Mills Town Centre has so much potential,” she explains. “We’ve conducted in-depth research, asking guests what they like about the shopping centre and what they’d like to see improved, and based on that research, we’ve come up with a plan that is very exciting.”

“This is quite possibly the largest project Mississauga has seen in over twenty years,” MacDonald, a past president of the Mississauga Board of Trade, remarks.

“When it’s finished, shoppers will never have to leave the City for their retail needs.”

Watch for the unveiling of the plans for the new Erin Mills Town Centre.
Source: http://mississaugalife.ca/2011/09/fall-in-fashion/

Exciting is a good theme for the renovation...I find EMTC such a boring place to be. The horrible layout doesn't help, to be sure, but the stores, design, etc. are just so...bland....

The 80s decor doesn't help either. I feel like I'm in a brat pack movie whenever I'm there.

I've said it before: getting rid of the mini-golf course was a huge mistake.

Finally EMTC gets a long-needed renovation. They couldn't just stand still like that.

That said, we'll have to see what this renovation entails. Does it feature any expansion? Or making EMTC less of a mall full of dead ends?

Time will tell.. Since it's in this months issue of the magazine, I guess we'll hear more info sometime in the coming days/weeks.

You'll also be happy to hear the Toys R Us Express is just temporary. Should close after Christmas.

Time will tell.. Since it's in this months issue of the magazine, I guess we'll hear more info sometime in the coming days/weeks.

You'll also be happy to hear the Toys R Us Express is just temporary. Should close after Christmas.

That is good to hear. I hope whatever they do works.

What happened to HMV in Square One? Said they moved to location across from La Senza but I couldn't find it. No Starstruck and now no HMV. Damn.

I think the goal is to have it become the Yorkdale of the western GTA. So I would imagine more focus on high-end fashion retailers...but who would choose to locate there in the current state of the mall? It's odd that they've tried the whole fashion-focus since the first reno, and it's never properly taken off. The demographics of the area are right for it...probably as good as Yorkdale's, but it's just never worked.I think the new owners are ready to do more than Cadillac Fairview ever was in a position to.

Regardless of what transpires, I will always remember that place when it first opened. The video walls, stupidly-hard mini golf, Cineplex...good times. Oh, and it was in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, so it shall live on in film forever...

I think the goal is to have it become the Yorkdale of the western GTA. So I would imagine more focus on high-end fashion retailers...but who would choose to locate there in the current state of the mall? It's odd that they've tried the whole fashion-focus since the first reno, and it's never properly taken off. The demographics of the area are right for it...probably as good as Yorkdale's, but it's just never worked.I think the new owners are ready to do more than Cadillac Fairview ever was in a position to.

Regardless of what transpires, I will always remember that place when it first opened. The video walls, stupidly-hard mini golf, Cineplex...good times. Oh, and it was in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, so it shall live on in film forever...

Does 20 Vic have the resources to pull it off either though?

Is there going to be an addition though?

Don't forget that 20VIC were the ones that pulled the major Yorkdale overhaul together. They received many awards for the reconfiguration of the vacant Eatons into the atrium run. Oxford has been able to land a lot of sexy names lately at Yorkdale and push the sales/sf into the stratosphere but some may say timing had something to do with it.

Does 20 Vic have the resources to pull it off either though?

Is there going to be an addition though?

It's not owned by 20Vic...it's actually owned by the Ontario Pension Board. 20Vic manages it. And the Pension Board has the resources, for sure. But yeah, 20Vic has a good record with Yorkdale...

Back