News   Apr 26, 2024
 218     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 453     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.4K     4 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

New restaurant on Enfield Place across the street from Kariya Park. This one might have a chance being that more people are moving into the area; the menu looks promising...there is going to be an outdoor patio.

http://www.earthmississauga.com/Home/tabid/13044/Default.aspx

20101016005.jpg

20101016004.jpg

Some poor soul is attempting to revive this location. Looks like some sort of nightclub opening up soon (Marquee?). Didn't get a chance to grab a pic but lots of work going on outside and a liquor permit already applied for. Let's see how long this one lasts...

There was yet another article about the upcoming renovation of the EMTC in 'The News' today.. I wonder why they just don't go ahead and announce what they're planning? Trying to create some hype perhaps?

There was yet another article about the upcoming renovation of the EMTC in 'The News' today.. I wonder why they just don't go ahead and announce what they're planning? Trying to create some hype perhaps?

I saw that in the Mississauga News as well. Forgot to post it, probably because they didn't really give any details.

I would like to see what they're planning though. Hopefully an expansion or some kind of rejigging of the floorplan because as is it's full of dead-ends. Sherway and Vaughan have good floorplans. Although I don't know if you could convert EMTC into a figure 8.

I would like to see what they're planning though. Hopefully an expansion or some kind of rejigging of the floorplan because as is it's full of dead-ends. Sherway and Vaughan have good floorplans. Although I don't know if you could convert EMTC into a figure 8.

I'm no engineer, but just looking at the landscape from the parking lot, I can't imagine them changing the existing stuff much.. My guess is there will be an addition to one of the smaller wings - like the Shoppers Drug Mart wing upstairs or the Bulkbarn wing downstairs. Extending one of those out with more regular stores, and maybe one 'flagship' store like a JCrew, Forever21 or similar store on the outside.

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with moving the farmers' market there, as long as they don't change it to midweek.

Ya, mid-week would kill it. It would be okay to have some vendors there during the week, but the main market should be weekends for sure.

So finally saw where they are putting the new Wal Mart in the east end and wow, didn't realize how far back it was from Dixie and also Dundas! It's basically tucked in right next to the GO station, with the only road connecting it so far, seems to be the GO Access Road. Already doesn't look pedestrian friendly...but then again, what is in this city?

Back