News   Apr 25, 2024
 280     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 486     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Originally posted by Tuscani01 on SSC:

Here's what is set to open up soon at Heartland Town Centre.

Banana Republic
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Dollarama (second location)
The Gap
Heritage House Dental
Le Chateau – relocating and expanding
Linen Chest
Mobilicity
Petsmart - relocating
The Shoe Company – expanding
Urban Behaviour – relocating and expanding
Wicker Emporium

New food court campus opening Spring/Summer 2010

California Sandwiches
Lick's Homeburgers & Ice Cream
Panago Pizza
Pho Mi 99 Vietnamese Restaurant
Sweets
Wild Wing
Z-Teca

What does it say about Mississauga, that it can support two Dollaramas at one location? Probably nothing good.

I don't think it say anything about Mississauga really. Canadians maybe.

Ya, can we please not go down that route?

I'm happy to see another Lick's! And I've heard Panago is really good. Looking forward to trying it.

Lakeshore and Queen St. are interesting sure. But Dundas? Ew. Queen St. has a Starbucks and a Second Cup across from each other.

Are there any indie cafes/brunch spots/coffee shops in Mississauga? You Miss folks seem to focus this thread on the malls--why not the more interesting strips along Dundas, Lakeshore etc?

New Mississauga Retail

Most of the retail in Port Credit, Clarkson Village and Streetsville has been pretty stable over the past couple of years. Same goes for the heart of Cooksville; though I'm sure there will be some excitement when Burrito Boyz finally opens their Dundas East and Streetsville locations. Most of the recent change and expansion has happened around the MCC and Heartland Town Centre.

We can't focus on what isn't there.

Are there any indie cafes/brunch spots/coffee shops in Mississauga? You Miss folks seem to focus this thread on the malls--why not the more interesting strips along Dundas, Lakeshore etc?

Well, I make sure not to post anything in this thread if it's mall related. There is a mall retail thread. I use this thread for non mall related retail, myself. Can't speak for others.

Port Credit has one indie cafe that I know of. There's one now in City Centre too. The Va Du Jour Caffe. Not that impressed with it though. They couldn't make a crepe for me, and their waffle cones sucked. The gelato was pretty good at least. I'll probably give them another try again sometime.

Ahh changing from suburban to urban is such a slow slow process.

Heartland is not a mall, and it would have been much better if it had been, but anyways...

Aside from Starbucks and Second Cup, Streetsville does have at least one indie cafe, it is inside a house. And of course there many other indie shops as well. I have hope that the retail in Cooksville and City Centre area will be like that of Streetsville and Port Credit one day (or even better). I have more hope for Cooksville because it doesn't have Square One. At least Cooksville has several proper grocery stores, which neither City Centre and Streetsville have. And of course Cooksville already has the best restaurants...

A couple of places that recently caught me eye:

Gangster Burger in the strip plaza on Burnhamthorpe just west of Mavis. Has anyone been there? Opinions?

I notice that Coffee Culture has opened in the parking lot of the strip mall at Eglinton and Creditview. I've never been in any of their locations yet. With which chain are they comparable? I'm gussing Williams but I'm really not sure.

Funny, I have noticed the same Gangster Burger sign for the last few weeks from the 26 bus. No clue what it's like, though.

I like Coffee Culture. Very similar to Williams (coffee plus desserts, soup, sandwiches, etc.). Nice and comfortable. Not overly-cookie cutter.

Back