News   Apr 26, 2024
 482     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 569     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

No, I still haven't, even though it's just up the street. But now that I know they have gelato I will be there soon! Ever since Metro took over Dominion at Iona Plaza, they got rid of the gelalto bar. I'm needing a fix!

It looks like a ripoff of Caffe Demetre though. They could have done something more original.

Demetre as in the chain?

That place is a pile of s###t for the $$$ they charge. I hit up the one at Y&E around my condo and it's really bad (I've been to 3 of their locations, and they're all the same) Compared to Hollywood gelato though, a lot of things are :)

The Food basics at Hurontario and Eglinton is closing on March 24th. One of the cashiers told me that "Ocean Supermarket" will take its place.

I wonder if she is talking about the New Ocean Supermarket in Scarborough? Is it a chain?

The Food basics at Hurontario and Eglinton is closing on March 24th. One of the cashiers told me that "Ocean Supermarket" will take its place.

I wonder if she is talking about the New Ocean Supermarket in Scarborough? Is it a chain?

There's a chain of Asian supermarkets called Oceans. They recently took over the Grant's Food Mart at Bloor & Dixie. There's an Oceans in Brampton too.

It is hard to believe that, although there are already at least 5 (East) Asian supermarkets in Mississauga, not a single one of them is located north of Burnhamthorpe. This new Ocean Supermarket could be the first.

There's a chain of Asian supermarkets called Oceans. They recently took over the Grant's Food Mart at Bloor & Dixie. There's an Oceans in Brampton too.

Thanks for the info. I guess their expansion is fairly recent; I was just at Grant's about 3 weeks ago and it was still called Grant's.

Thanks for the info. I guess their expansion is fairly recent; I was just at Grant's about 3 weeks ago and it was still called Grant's.

It's still called Grant's, but there's some Oceans signage inside and the staff uniforms all say Oceans on them.

The Food basics at Hurontario and Eglinton is closing on March 24th. One of the cashiers told me that "Ocean Supermarket" will take its place. ...

I was in this place yesterday. The shelves are 80% empty, and they are not restocking anything. They are selling everything except from the pharmacy at 25% off, but I'm guessing they will have nothing left to sell, well before March 24.

Back