News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 546     0 

Mississauga MCC Update - Feb 3/07

Re: City Reaches $1 Billion in Construction 10 Years in a Ro

Yes, the townhouses at Absolute are nice but they are not in the proper location being at Hurontario/Burnhamthorpe. If that site had designed to include retail from the ground up (as it should have been), I think there would probably be no space for townhouses there.

Great photos yyzer- thanks.

Re: pedestrians. Other than on these freezing cold days, there are always lots of pedestrians in the MCC. Out of my office window I can typically count 20-50 people.

They are putting the townhouses at One Park Tower up really quickly now. All wood frame, so that helps.

I actually like the first two Absolute towers, from the NW side where I walk past, they look great. Admittedly, they aren't as nice from the angle the photos here are from. I like how they contrast strongly against the Kaneff buildings to the south.

Still no retail at The Capital...I wonder if they are waiting for something?

The skyline of MCC is really muscular - I never knew that we'd be in for this kind of treat if we went westbound on the Gardiner.

It's still basically Dubai in the snow, though.

^ You're being a bit too generous.

201798_dubai_skyline_day_edition.jpg

Dubai

How about Dubai in the snow -400 feet.

nifty pic posted by Martinsizon over at SSC, showing a bit of Mississauga's growing density...

100_0554.jpg

That's the first pic of Mississauga I've seen that looks semi-impressive.

What is required next are some taller buildings that really stand out.

Yeah, someone in Mistersausage should hold an international design competition or something.

looks like Daniels are finally going ahead with their next phase...two large buildboards went up today at their sales office on Burnhamthorpe.."coming soon, Chicago"...

www.chicagocondos.ca/

Yeah, it reeks of Chicago Soul. Actually, if executed well, it could be a nice one. I like the podium.

I wonder what Chicago building this tower was based on (if this follows what Daniels did with the NY Towers). I was thinking it might have been based on Louis Sullivan's theory on skyscraper design or something.

A little interesting wordplay on the above post... for you architecture historians:

looks like Daniels are finally going ahead with their next phase...two large buildboards went up today at their sales office on Burnhamthorpe.."coming soon, Chicago"...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Burnham

*urk* to that one.

Well, anyway...
chialb13.jpg

...now that's doing Marilyn one better

^ That would be great especially if the exterior resembled the Marina Towers in Chicago.

^"Your home, as seen from orbit."

Back