News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 851     0 

Mississauga Master Transportation Study For Lakeshore

Lakeshore Connecting Communities Open Houses
The City of Mississauga is holding the final open houses for Lakeshore Connecting Communities. Learn about the proposed recommendations and provide input.

Open House Details

Date: Thursday, July 12, 2018
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
1389 Cawthra Road, Lakeview

Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
151 Lakeshore Road West, Port Credit

Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018
UCC, 1700 Mazo Crescent, Clarkson

Find out more about Lakeshore Connecting Communities at connectlakeshore.ca.

Went to the PIC tonight. Not much new from the last consultation in the fall. Bike lane layouts between Imperial Oil lands and end of Mississauga towards Long Branch look good, and they're pushing for dedicated bus lanes between Lakeview and Long Branch ASAP. Overall looks good.

The boards are up and a good thing I didn't waste my time going to these meetings.

Cars will remain the king of the road as well having on street parking.

Lost as to why they need a transit hub at Mississauga Rd, as only Route 14 and 23 exist in this area. Route 14 runs 35 minute service for week days and hourly on Sat with no Sunday service. It services the upper million dollars homes only with real poor ridership in the first place that service should be kill after 6:30 pm.

There is no room between Mississauga Rd to Cawthra Rd for a centre lane transit ROW

The late ward councilor was pushing for 10 minute service on the Lakeshore and will be hard to justify it west of the Port Credit River. It very low density in the first place and no room to increase unless you tear all the houses down that back onto the road for mid rise development.

If TTC streetcars make it to Port Credit, it will have to run in mix traffic or built underground from Mississauga Rd to Cawthra Rd.

There is no room for bike lanes in the same area for no transit ROW unless sidewalks are cut or on street parking remove.

I do support having bridges 1, 2 & 6 being built, but going to piss the locals off if it happens having cars driving over 1 & 2. The road for 2 should go west as far as it can before connecting to the Lakeshore. It will deal with the current bridge on the Lakeshore when special events take place for the area.

Having only one bridge over the river south of the QEW, has, is and will be a bottle neck for Port Credit like not having the Queensway go over the river because golfers and goodies good shoes folks.
<https://www7.mississauga.ca/Departm...communities/LCC-Display-Boards-2018-07-25.pdf>

Last edited:
The boards are up and a good thing I didn't waste my time going to these meetings.

Cars will remain the king of the road as well having on street parking.

Lost as to why they need a transit hub at Mississauga Rd, as only Route 14 and 23 exist in this area. Route 14 runs 35 minute service for week days and hourly on Sat with no Sunday service. It services the upper million dollars homes only with real poor ridership in the first place that service should be kill after 6:30 pm.

Perhaps because that's where the express bus (and maybe extra short-turn 23 buses) will turn around. Probably nothing more than a fancy bus loop integrated with the Imperial Oil lands development.

Perhaps because that's where the express bus (and maybe extra short-turn 23 buses) will turn around. Probably nothing more than a fancy bus loop integrated with the Imperial Oil lands development.
If I read it correctly, the hub is east of Mississauga Rd, not the Imperial Land. There is plans for a station on the Imperial Land, but way down the road. Hard press to see an express bus by 2040.

Construction of BRT along Lakeshore between East Ave and Deta Road is now fully funded, and moving forward. The project includes bike lanes. Really surprised how fast this moved, and that it’s actually happening. Funding announcement here.
Construction of a New Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor along Lakeshore Road in Mississauga
Construction of a dedicated two-way bus rapid transit corridor on Lakeshore Road with three new stations between East Avenue and Deta Road, as well as separated bike lanes and sidewalks. The new bus rapid transit lanes will support a growing population along the Lakeshore Road corridor.

935E3F5A-AE59-4D33-BE03-E475B32B6420.jpeg

Construction of BRT along Lakeshore between East Ave and Deta Road is now fully funded, and moving forward. The project includes bike lanes. Really surprised how fast this moved, and that it’s actually happening. Funding announcement here.

View attachment 295983
This project honestly confuses me. Its so short and frankly it doesn't connect to anything. Why not have it run at least all the way to Port Credit so that you can connect to the Hurontario LRT and LSW? Furthermore this starts somewhere near Long Branch, why not have this be a continuation of the 501?

This project honestly confuses me. Its so short and frankly it doesn't connect to anything. Why not have it run at least all the way to Port Credit so that you can connect to the Hurontario LRT and LSW? Furthermore this starts somewhere near Long Branch, why not have this be a continuation of the 501?
Well I mean bus service will still run along that route just only this section will be in f=deticated lanes. My guess is that they'll over time keep extending the bus lanes and that this is just the first of many segments.

Well I mean bus service will still run along that route just only this section will be in f=deticated lanes. My guess is that they'll over time keep extending the bus lanes and that this is just the first of many segments.
Yup.

This is right in front of the Lakeview Generating Centre redevelopment as well, which is planned to have thousands of units in it. Ridership and traffic along this stretch of Lakeshore is going to get a lot worse over the next few years.

We can only dream... in 20 years, there might be a BRT all the way to Winston Churchill. I love how this city dreams big.

Regarding why it seems only such a short stretch of BRT on Lakeshore is being built, it has to do with the fact that it is being funded by the Investing In Canada Infrastructure Program. One of the key criteria for projects being funded under this program is that they must be substantially complete by March 31, 2027. The section between East Avenue and Deta Road can be completed within that timeframe; the rest of the proposed BRT on Lakeshore still requires design and engineering work and thus would not be complete by that timeframe.

Nov 7
2 Km of the Lakeshore BRT between Humber Loop and East Street is funded and to see construction for it at an unknown date at this time,

Funding of more of the Lakeshore BRT is on going with upper levels of government to try to meet the 2041 full BRT line date.

Should be Long Branch Loop and East Avenue, I assume
What I get for fast typing and not proofreading it, as you are correct.

Nov 7
2 Km of the Lakeshore BRT between Humber Loop and East Street is funded and to see construction for it at an unknown date at this time,

Funding of more of the Lakeshore BRT is on going with upper levels of government to try to meet the 2041 full BRT line date.
2041. Typo?

Back