News   Mar 28, 2024
 632     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 913     0 

Mississauga: Hurontario - small office project

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Don't know the proposed heights - but an application has been submitted for two office buildings at 1361 and 1371 Hurontario.

I couldn't specific heights but, considering the area, it won't be tall. But I think there is also a 3-storey height minimum along Hurontario as well.

I believe those are just former homes along Hurontario either being converted to office use or just allowing the offices already there to continue. There's a lot of those on Hurontario between Lakeshore and Queensway.

I'm pretty sure they're just rezoning houses for office/medical use. That area is well established and the only major "office" constructed there in recent years was the cosmetic surgery clinic (which turned out pretty good). The city has been rejecting a lot of these proposals recently since it doesn't fall in line with the Official Plan for the area.

One place to keep an eye out for is the old McDonalds lot, just south of the QEW. It's expected to become a medical office building, with a formal application expected with the next few months.

That's not true. There's a nice new office building that's very modern looking that just opened recently in that same area.
Unless that is the cosmetic surgery clinic? I don't think it is though.

I've been wondering when they are going to do something with that McDonald's lot. It's been sitting there forever now.

That's not true. There's a nice new office building that's very modern looking that just opened recently in that same area.
Unless that is the cosmetic surgery clinic? I don't think it is though.

I've been wondering when they are going to do something with that McDonald's lot. It's been sitting there forever now.

That's the Plastic Surgery Place ... It's an orange building, very modern.

These proposals are for completely new office buildings, not conversion of exisitng houses to office.

That used to be my local McDonalds. It was quite popular. I don't know why they closed it down.

Would there be a newer one nearby that rendered it redundant?

Perhaps the fact that it was in the so-called middle-of-nowhere, as opposed to being part of a specially zoned commercial node, sealed its doom, too...

There aren't any other newer ones nearby. There aren't ANY McDonald's close to that that I can think of.

Checking mcdonalds.ca, the nearest ones are 2500 Hurontario and the Cawthra/Lakeshore location. Neither are very close.

To me that McDonald's wasn't middle of nowhere. It was in my neighborhood! Walking distance! Students from Queen Elizabeth and Port Credit ate their on their lunch breaks, IIRC (I never attended either though). So I'm sure they had plenty of business. If anything, the demographics of the area might have changed, i.e. the area got older. My elementary school had approximately 210 students when I was there. When I last checked the Peel board's site, Kenollie only had about 150 students.

There aren't any other newer ones nearby. There aren't ANY McDonald's close to that that I can think of.

Checking mcdonalds.ca, the nearest ones are 2500 Hurontario and the Cawthra/Lakeshore location. Neither are very close.

To me that McDonald's wasn't middle of nowhere. It was in my neighborhood! Walking distance! Students from Queen Elizabeth and Port Credit ate their on their lunch breaks, IIRC (I never attended either though). So I'm sure they had plenty of business. If anything, the demographics of the area might have changed, i.e. the area got older. My elementary school had approximately 210 students when I was there. When I last checked the Peel board's site, Kenollie only had about 150 students.

There is a express store in the plaza at King St next to Shoppers. It small and does a good turn over.

I believe the problem with the old one was there was no room for extra parking when it came to expansion.

I could never understand why they close it as it was busy.

Then FF has not sell too well out here. KFC, Burger King, Arbby's, Pizza Hut, Harvey's have close a fair number of stores on Dundas and Burhamthrope just to name a few locations.

Take a look at Steeles and Hurontario in Brampton.

It may also well be that the inherent pretensions of the Port Credit/Hurontario node have driven mass-appeal chains like Mickey D's elsewhere--these days, it's Starbucks/Second Cup that rule the day around here...

You're right, there is that newish Starbucks at the plaza just north of the QEW.

The application was submitted by Bassem and Mabelle Aboumrad and the rezoning is for two office properties measuring 347-sq.m. and 313-sq.m. So it turns out that this is a pretty small development.

Back