Toronto Quay West at Tip Top | ?m | 23s | Mattamy Homes | a—A

It's a two minute walk to nowhere if you wait 30 minutes plus for a streetcar. That's the point.

It's true. None of the stops along Queen's Quay has adequate shelter from the elements. I see hordes of condo dwellers waiting for the streetcar that never seems to come every morning all along this stretch. It must be horrible on those smack-you-down cold winter mornings. Considering these are all ROWs I don't understand why there is ever any kind of painful wait. The streetcars should all be timed perfectly on this route since there is no traffic to hold them up... but still I see three or four back to back to back going in one direction all the time.

But back to this building, I do think it's a shame that it will cover up the handsome backside of Tip Top Lofts.

2 minutes is not bad.....winter time i hope it ain't bad as the 501 streetcar

Hopefully the transit schedules, shelter, etc. will all be improved significantly by the time this project is constructed, which by then other projects in this area will be completed as well. The fact that there were problems with only WaterparkCity and TipTop lofts in the area is a concern, but I'm sure they are planning accordingly.

I used to live at Waterparkcity phase 1 in 2006 and didn't really have a problem..I took the streetcar that takes you to Union Station and we were the first stop anyways in the morning so I always had a seat. At Tip Top, I believe that is the second stop.

The pit gets deeper...

Hey casaguy, thanks for the updates on the pictures. I have a unit invested here and I do tend to drive by it every couple of weeks just to see the progress. But going to the states for a year and won't be able to check it out. Its very much appreciated!

my friend tells me they have received a letter from Monarch that construction is delayed by one year as Monarch intends to sell out first before construction commencing ... is that true??

I wonder if Monarch was told to sell everything before they receive their construction loan. I would be a bit surprised if that was so, given they are fairly large with a quire a few projects under their belt.

my friend tells me they have received a letter from Monarch that construction is delayed by one year as Monarch intends to sell out first before construction commencing ... is that true??

Not sure if that is true but Construction delay has been confirmed and the new move in date has been moved to August 2010

I dropped by their sales office and they are trying to sell off their remaining units however though, they seem to have a whole bunch of the courtyard units left and a penthouse and a north-western view unit ( i have a feeling the saleswoman was keeping some units from us though )

Hey casaguy, thanks for the updates on the pictures. I have a unit invested here and I do tend to drive by it every couple of weeks just to see the progress. But going to the states for a year and won't be able to check it out. Its very much appreciated!

Glad to help (It's on my cycling route anyways). I know how exciting it is to watch your future home be built. Here's an over-sized panorama from today, looking east.

So has Quay West been finalized at 62 or 76m? The 2005 Staff Report says 62m, but that is for a 20s building. To my knowledge, it is now 23 stories (closer to the first height). Can anyone confirm anything?

According to this April 2006 OMB Decision, it was approved at 22 storeys, 70.5 metres. The number of units decreased from the Context proposal, which was 24 storeys. I thought there was a more recent decision (like a year ago or slightly less) so I don't want to say this is it for sure. Anyways, hope it helps

Context originally planned a 50s tower on the site that was to be a "beacon" in the west harbour. Eventually through negotiations with the city they couldn't make the numbers work and sold the site to Monarch.

Posts regarding a Quay West unit as an investment have been banished to this thread in the real estate subforum.

Context originally planned a 50s tower on the site that was to be a "beacon" in the west harbour. Eventually through negotiations with the city they couldn't make the numbers work and sold the site to Monarch.

Mike - do you have any old renderings of Context's proposal for this site? I remember one from many years ago that looked something like a giant sail, and I would love to see that render again... (hopeful that you or someone else has it!). Thanks!

I'll try to find an old copy, but I doubt I'll have any luck.

There were a couple different versions before Context walked away from the project - Olivia Chow essentially stopped the development from going forward.

I recall a 6-7 years ago a proposal by Monach on the South Beach Marina townhouse site to the south (30 Stadium) for a ~20 storey slab tower proposal designed with lighthouse-like corner turrets, but it was pulled before marketing began, I don't recall the name and can't find any pictures ... but it wasn't on this property

Original Context proposal on the TipTop Phase 2 lands ... per City Planning report of April 2004

90Stadium-1.jpg

90Stadium-2.jpg

90Stadium-3.jpg

Back