News   Sep 05, 2024
 189     0 
News   Sep 05, 2024
 448     0 
News   Sep 05, 2024
 765     0 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

Nov 1

PCL is getting extra's for this projects. They are to rehabilitate the underground parking structure and set it up for pay parking. A few more to come their way.

Council was questioning the noise level for both the residents, but most of all for staff at City Hall.

A number of councilors would like to see the City Centre street close 100% and I have no problem with that.

I can see this going to be what the next complaint next month project.
IMG_nov-01-09-0082.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0083.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0084.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0087.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0088.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0089.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0090.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0091.jpg

IMG_nov-01-09-0092.jpg

Looks great, been ages since I been to this place.

The only thing I question about the renders are the people, are they really going to show up and use this thing?

The only thing I question about the renders are the people, are they really going to show up and use this thing?

Yes. The city has been surprisingly successful at attracting people to the old square over the last two years, so things can only improve with a better one I imagine.

Indeed. Someone figured out that you need to have programming to draw people to public areas like this, in this city. Took them long enough..

IMG_nov-09-09-0003.jpg

Nice shot. Is there retail at the base of those condos across the street? The built form of the area looks OK but they've made a serious blunder if there's no retail along that street. That is, if they actually care about making MCC an urban destination.

Citygate and Solstice on the upper left side of the photo does have retail. Ovation and Grand Ovation on the upper right does not. Tridel sucks.

Citygate and Solstice on the upper left side of the photo does have retail. Ovation and Grand Ovation on the upper right does not. Tridel sucks.

Well, you can't leave your city's fate in the hands of private developers. Why did the city not mandate this? It actually looks like it had potential to become a vibrant strip. Oh well.

Well, luckily there is tons of potential still, due to tons of empty land to develop.

The city has had recommendations made to institute better city planning, but many of these developments are from the last wave, which were proposed before the recommendations. Hopefully newer developments will have more restrictions placed on them, and we will see more ephasis on creating an urban setting.

Civic Centre and Central Library

Square Redevelopment

Public Information Session

The City of Mississauga invites you to attend an information session on the Civic Centre and Central Library Square Redevelopment. Now under construction, our Civic and Library Squares will be the premier destination for City events. Take this opportunity to see how your ideas have formed the vision for our vibrant downtown square, learn about planned improvements and view renderings of the revitalized space.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

6:30 pm to 9:00 pm

Civic Centre

Council Chamber

300 City Centre Drive

Program

Welcome 6:30 – 7:00 pm (Great Hall)

Presentation 7:00 – 8:00 pm (Council Chamber)

Open House 8:00 – 9:00 pm (Great Hall)

This is the City’s largest construction project made possible through the Infrastructure Stimulus Fund (ISF) funding.

Civic and Library Square Redevelopment includes:

Unification of the Civic Square and Library Square

Expansion of the Skating Rink

Interactive Water Feature

Redeveloped Amphitheatre

Large Open Lawn

Permanent Stage

Media Screens

Market Area

Time for an update:

CityHallfromLibrarypano.jpg

CityHallSquarepano.jpg