News   Mar 28, 2024
 36     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 209     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

I have looked through this forum to find a place where I might be able to ask a question, but I can't find anything that is obvious. So I will ask here. Is there a way to obtain photos of the interior of Shoppers World Danforth between 1987 and 1989?
Does anyone remember a video game story called "Media Shack" in Shoppers World Danforth?

I know this may now be the place to ask, but they don't let new members start a thread and there is no obvious place to post questions.
The City Archives has several Files on this - whether any contain photos I do not know. You will need to go to look. These two look 'possible'.

Working drawings for project #6222 - proposed store for Danforth Fabrics store no. 43 for Shoppers' World (Danforth Ltd.)
Date:
Archival citation:
Fonds 243, Series 1018, File 467

General - 02001 Re-Development of Shoppers World Danforth Plaza
Date:
1982-1990
Archival citation:
Fonds 200, Series 1618, File 1688

It says "textual records." I assume that means it is not a series of photographs.
Maybe I should ask the management to see if they keep a historical archive.

Last edited:
It says "textual records." I assume that means it is not a series of photographs.
Maybe I should ask the management to see if they keep a historical archive.
It is certainly NOT primarily photos but you never know what may be there until you look, some of the descriptions are far from perfect.

St. Clement's Ave., looking west from Yonge St. to St. Clement's Church. 1903 TPL
St. Clement's Ave., looking west from Yonge St. to St. Clement's Church. 1903   TPL.jpg

St. Clement's Ave. from Yonge.jpg

Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave. 1914, Art Durnan (circled-bottom right) TPL
Photo submitted recently by Durnan's daughter (he was 22 at the time).
Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave.  1914  Art Durnan (bottom right)   TPL.jpg

It's uncertain, but this could be the same site on Bain Ave.
Bain Ave.jpg

Attachments

• Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave.  1914,  Art Durnan (bottom right)   TPL.jpg
    Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave. 1914, Art Durnan (bottom right) TPL.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave.  1914,  Art Durnan (bottom right)   TPL.jpg
    Workmen in front of Toronto housing project on Bain Ave. 1914, Art Durnan (bottom right) TPL.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 205

Back