News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

Miracle on Yonge (Richmond Hill Centre, Pemberton, 2x 12s, Rafael & Bigauskas)

Seems like this is Pemberton's next phase in Richmond Hill Centre ... so far Pebmerton has built in this area:
  • Gates of Bayview Glen I
  • Gates of Bayview Glen II
  • Premier
  • Park Glen I
  • Park Glen II
  • The Royal
  • The Emerald

I wonder if this new project is just phase 2 of The Emerald ... or a new complex all together? Afterall Pemberton does own all the vacant land between the CN railway, Red Maple Road, High Tech Road, and Bantry Avenue ... that's why you will not find the record of land sales for this site

Ah, the Miracle on Yonge.
Where a baby Jesus statue and yoga mat are included with every purchase.

I just got an email from Pemberton confirming that "Miracle at Yonge" is simply a rebranding of "The Emerald at Bayview Glen", not a new phase. I guess they want to take a different approach to marketing this project. The whole "emerald" thing has been kind of overdone lately, after all...

I just got an email from Pemberton confirming that "Miracle at Yonge" is simply a rebranding of "The Emerald at Bayview Glen", not a new phase. I guess they want to take a different approach to marketing this project. The whole "emerald" thing has been kind of overdone lately, after all...

Further on this, here.

It seems "The Emerald at Bayview Glen" as a marketing term no longer exists, as both phases of this project are now being referred to collectively as "The Miracle at Yonge". Each tower will be 12 storeys and connected by a shared lobby.

Does anyone know who the architect is on this one? Or who is doing the interior design? I seem to recall seeing the Cecconi Simone name being attached to the model suite at one point.

A bit of digging under the "Emerald" name has revealed the following:

Architect: Rafael Bigauskas Architects
Interior Design: Flora Di Menna Designs

Construction is set to begin in July or August of this year.

Below are some pics I took of the site back in February.

NE From Bantry Ave
Pic1.jpg

NW From Bantry Ave
Pic2.jpg

Sign on Site
Pic3.jpg

SE From Site
Pic4.jpg

Last edited:
What a pretty place to live! :p (I've seen better-looking homes with better locations under the Gardiner.)

It's actually a surprisingly good location if you're familiar with the area. The Yonge VIVA line, Richmond Hill Centre, big box stores, Hillcrest Mall, community centre, parks, etc. are all within walking distance.

Granted, it doesn't look like much now, but then mounds of undeveloped dirt often don't :)

Big Box stores, community centre, Viva, Mall??? That's a selling point? (Snickers.)

Proximity to transit and shopping would generally be considered a plus, sure. There's also a movie theatre, library, opera house and hospital nearby, but I gather you won't be signing up anytime soon :)

Proximity to transit and shopping would generally be considered a plus, sure. There's also a movie theatre, library, opera house and hospital nearby, but I gather you won't be signing up anytime soon :)

To each his own

Last edited:
Construction has started on this project now, although so far they just seem to be moving dirt around and getting the area ready. Here are some pics I took on July 1st:

Miracle at Yonge, July 1st 2010

Site Overview
DSC00367.jpg

Fence Truck
DSC00376.jpg

Fence Truck Up Close
DSC00380.jpg

Bulldozer Thing
DSC00397.jpg

Mounds 'o Dirt
DSC00399.jpg

A Bit of Colour