629     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Minto Spring (Mto Gdns Ph II) (Yonge/Sheppard, 33s, P+S/IBI Group) COMPLETE

Coltaine79

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good evening,

I did several searches but did not come up with much about this project. Does anyone happen to have any further information about this development, beyond what is on Minto's website (http://www.mintogardens.com/)?

In particular, I am interested in the "new" phase of the project which I assume is going to take over the ugly Dominion plaza at the SE corner of Yonge/Sheppard.

No this is not replacing Dominions. It's a 33 storey twin slightly offset and inbehind the first tower facing an extended Anndale Drive. There is a planning application somewhere out there in cyberspace

Does this seem right?

minto.jpg

Thanks for the correction.

Having not much experience with North York condo prices, can anyone offer any educated guesses as to what the 1 b.r. and 1+1 b.r. unit prices will be?

Or should I just try to make it out to the sales centre?

If I remember, they were going for about $400/square foot.
Unfortunately, I think the biggest 1 bedroom was only 640square foot.

^ Actually, it's very possible that something will be built immediately SE of here, at the NW corner of Anndale & Bonnington - it could always be a few townhomes, though (or possibly the land will be eaten up by a rejigged Anndale Road). Bonnington is slated to become the Doris extension south of Sheppard and everything west of Bonnington has been or will be rezoned. Views could thus be relatively poor on all sides.

edit - and don't forget the office building that's right there, which will block half the eastern view for the first 10 or so floors of the condo.

Are there any developments planned for the actual intersection? It's bizarre that two subway lines meet here and there are highrises to the south and north along Yonge, yet where the two streets meet it's a wasteland of surface parking, a dirt patch, a sprawling bus terminal, and a one storey strip mall set back 100 meters from the street.

And a low-rise retail block is being advertised for right at the NW corner next to the bus terminal.

Yonge & Sheppard will look a *bit* different if this:
Toronto_Landmark.JPG

and this:
hc1ca6.jpg

get built. Neither rendering is 100% realistic, but that's like expecting a dog to give birth to kittens.

Thanks for the correction.

Having not much experience with North York condo prices, can anyone offer any educated guesses as to what the 1 b.r. and 1+1 b.r. unit prices will be?

Or should I just try to make it out to the sales centre?

$400 / sq ft seems about right.
However, all the east facing 1 bd or 1+1 units are all sold out.

I'm a little surprised a thread regards to this building didn't start long time ago.

I'm a little surprised a thread regards to this building didn't start long time ago.

That's because people like to pretend Vaughan starts just north of Eglinton. When someone sneezes on Queen West, a thread is started. Unless they are multi-building complexes with thousands of units, suburban projects are generally mentioned when proposals first pop up, are ignored for a year or two, and then included in a sweeping photo roundup, after which they are forgotten. It's a shame because the battle for a more urban Toronto will be won or lost in suburbs like Willowdale, not in a debate about condo cladding on King Street.

It's not like we don't want coverage of these areas (I lived most of my life just off NYCC). But for some reason people in these areas either don't join, or if they do, they don't participate. I've been trying to get photographers to cover areas like NYCC. But no such luck so far.

It's not like there's a conspiracy or anything, the focus is just on downtown...that's expected and perfectly fine. One problem with suburban threads is that people invariably start taking potshots that derail any useful discussions.

edit - if I had a camera I'd take regular photo updates of dozens of suburban projects.

Perhaps I should try to contribute more....I just moved up to North York from midtown. Well, let me get a wider-angle lens first :)

I guess there won't be much surprise with this building, since the first phase is already done, and the quality should be the same, if not better. (LEED silver)

I do like the fact that it is one of few new buildings that actually offers 3-bedroom units though.

Back