Mississauga Mills Square Condos | ?m | 22s | Pemberton | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Towers in the park is an obsolete build form that has not aged well in many cases and has been widely criticized by urban design experts. Toronto has been working to either redevelop these barren patches of grass or find better uses for them, while Mississauga is allowing brand new towers to be built using the same discredited urban design principles from the 60's.

At least a majority (though definitely not all) of Toronto's towers in the park are older rentals, for which intensification and reconstruction are much easier to do as there's only one landowner. Condominium towers in the park might be attractive in the suburbs (Brampton has a bunch too, like those on Mill Street at Elgin, near Hurontario/Ray Lawson, in Bramalea) as they can have gatehouses, fenced-in landscaped lawns, and so on, but because they have so many more owners, it's much harder to redevelop/intensify.

01bf21db-17cd-420b-b931-7bbab75e6984_zps9azsa8r5.jpg

86a228ac-29dc-4af7-999c-84e5d862640c_zpsmvmbg9vy.jpg

The reason not too many updates are posted is because they are located away from the city. Erin Mills does not see too much development activity because it normally requires a car to get to this area. Drywall installations continue on the first tower.

The reason not too many updates are posted is because they are located away from the city. Erin Mills does not see too much development activity because it normally requires a car to get to this area. Drywall installations continue on the first tower.

I live all but a few walking minutes from the development. Seven new condos are set to rise within a throws stone away from Erin Mills Parkway and Eglinton over the next few years.

I live all but a few walking minutes from the development. Seven new condos are set to rise within a throws stone away from Erin Mills Parkway and Eglinton over the next few years.
I think those condos won't all rise together, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Back