News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 554     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Actually seen some older people try to deposit their tickets into the front cab keyhole, when the new streetcars first appeared on the 510 SPADINA.
I saw people knocking on the driver's door and trying to hand them tickets and tokens when they first rolled out on 512 St. Chair

^meanwhile in the TTC, this is pathetic...

I am honestly not surprised. The amount of time it takes to process transactions for debit/credit makes the whole thing a bad idea. Keep in mind as well that you need a stable connection to process these transactions which is not a sure thing (as anyone with a cell phone knows).

Even in larger cities such as London they do not have onboard fare and transfer machines. The thinking in London is that if you want to board public transit you are expected to have a ticket.. no ifs ands or butts.

^meanwhile in the TTC, this is pathetic...
"as they were causing the machines to be unreliable.". Those machines are a freakin' pain in the azz no matter which form of insult they dispense. I've never used one, but had to help countless persons baffled by them on the Spadina car. Some were spending their entire trip on that route trying to get them to work, and getting off in frustration at their stop, making every effort to pay, but it not co-operating. I advise them to take a pic of their attempt with a camera, and wave it in the face of a fare inspector if challenged, and defy them to take them to court.

I'm reminded of the many GO and TTC elevators (some models do get this right) where they have every instruction on them except arrows to point whether a button will take you up, or down. On two floor elevators fer Crisakes. I take a magic-marker with me whenever I remember to mark the ones at GO Bloor Station north tunnel. GO keep wiping off the arrows. I might try stickers next. They really don't help things by using the term "UP" (Express) which takes you down and calling the basement "Ground Floor". On a route that's ostensibly piqued for foreign air travellers. It befuddles the natives for Godsakes, let alone those who are challenged by English. If these are the same folks who put markings on the Voyager satellite for aliens to decipher, brace yourselves, we're going to be attacked. The aliens will want their money back...

Last edited:
I got on the bus and paid my fare in northeast Scarborough yesterday afternoon but according to Presto, I paid the fare in North York. Why is the location so off?

I got on the bus and paid my fare in northeast Scarborough yesterday afternoon but according to Presto, I paid the fare in North York. Why is the location so off?

Actually it is set for the division the bus is based out of. If it is the 939 then presumably the bus is based out of Allen Road or Mount Dennis.

Actually seen some older people try to deposit their tickets into the front cab keyhole, when the new streetcars first appeared on the 510 SPADINA.
I saw a guy swipe his Metropass against a Presto reader on a streetcar once. And when it wouldn't beep he said "goddamn system never works!"

Back