News   Apr 16, 2024
 248     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 354     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 711     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

But how much money and at what threshold?
Clearly you need to think about how much you will spend and put on enough for a week, a month or whatever you are comfortable with. Loading does not incur a 'PRESTO fee' but could mean one from your bank so I think at least a month's worth of travel is reasonable and putting $1000 on a card seems unwise as cards can be lost or stolen.

Clearly you need to think about how much you will spend and put on enough for a week, a month or whatever you are comfortable with. Loading does not incur a 'PRESTO fee' but could mean one from your bank so I think at least a month's worth of travel is reasonable and putting $1000 on a card seems unwise as cards can be lost or stolen.

If you tie your PRESTO card with an account your money can never be lost.

Registration is certainly useful and (AFAIK) you have to be registered to set up auto-load but if someone uses a lost/stolen PRESTO card before you report a registered card lost I assume you will lose SOME $$.
At least people can’t abuse it on the TTC anymore by continuously tapping.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where or how to get one of the limited edition OC Presto cards? I'm willing to trade a first generation Presto card for one.

new-presto-card.jpg

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where or how to get one of the limited edition OC Presto cards? I'm willing to trade a first generation Presto card for one.

new-presto-card.jpg
Last I heard - from O-Train stations Presto vending machines. Keep in mind though it has been months since these new cards were released. Perhaps someone from the Ottawa area can confirm.

Please have your Presto Cards ready before you board the bus. Stop standing in front of the Presto machine to look through your bag or pockets for your fare.

They're the same people who have done a load of shopping, watch the cashier scan the items, and then presented with the total, but only then decide to go hunt for their wallet to pay for them.

Taking a look at the agenda for the upcoming Metrolinx quarterly meeting, they're going to roll out functionalities for the self-serve reload machines to be able to add passes as you would on the vending machines. The pilot for the Presto app is also supposed to be wrapping up by the end of December and be released to the public after. Hopefully, this could be a Christmas present from Metrolinx :)

They're the same people who have done a load of shopping, watch the cashier scan the items, and then presented with the total, but only then decide to go hunt for their wallet to pay for them.
Or the same passengers who decide *after the train reaches the station or the bus reaches the stop* to push through the crush crowd at peak to get off. What the fug were they thinking? The answer is they weren't.

And they get to drive, vote and procreate too. And run for office. We're fugged...

Last I heard - from O-Train stations Presto vending machines. Keep in mind though it has been months since these new cards were released. Perhaps someone from the Ottawa area can confirm.
You can get them from the PRESTO vending machines at stations or at OC Transpo service centres as well (but not at Shoppers). With the Confederation Line set to open soon I'd assume they have all the new stations' vending machines stocked full of them..

Or the same passengers who decide *after the train reaches the station or the bus reaches the stop* to push through the crush crowd at peak to get off. What the fug were they thinking? The answer is they weren't.

And they get to drive, vote and procreate too. And run for office. We're fugged...

...worse would be same ones who MUST exit through the same door they entered.

Back