News   Jul 08, 2024
 390     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 634     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

On the bright side, monitoring should be relatively easy, with well placed CCTV.

AoD

And won't there be a service representative at every station? Give them rights to fine for evasion. CCTV, an earpiece. a Presto reader and a call from Central control will mean we can collect $100+ from each of the thief's.

And won't there be a service representative at every station? Give them rights to fine for evasion. CCTV, an earpiece. a Presto reader and a call from Central control will mean we can collect $100+ from each of the thief's.

Oh I agree, you will find no sympathies for fare evasion and other kinds of antisocial behaviour on the transit system from me.

AoD

Sorry for the cross-post but I think it's relevant to this thread too. Found this re: UPX fare change: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/projectsandprograms/upexpress/youchoose/go.aspx

Where do I tap on/off?
From Bloor or Weston

For travel between Bloor, Weston and Toronto’s Union Station, continue to tap on and/or off on the PRESTO fare payment device. Once you’ve tapped on, you can decide whether you want to take GO Transit or UP Express. You’ll continue to get your loyalty discount as long as your tap ON/OFF on the GO Transit PRESTO fare payment device.

Also:
*For a short period, while we implement technological changes, there will be a slight difference between GO and UP fares between Bloor and Weston GO Stations. A thirty five cent ($0.35) difference will be eliminated later this spring when the GO fares at these two stations are adjusted.

My guess would be it would depend on which machines you use to tap on if you use the UPX one or the Go one

New fare gates are active now. Found a picture of them on Twitter.

Attachments

• _20160310_080324.JPG
    _20160310_080324.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 656
And they're no PRESTO readers for the wheelchair accessible gate. Wonder why they could not just have both. Regardless, it looks awesome.
Seriously...that's just a ridiculous design flaw. You can look at any other system that has gates like these (I've been in SF and DC in the past couple months). They put their equivalent of Presto readers on the side of the gate so that someone in a wheelchair can easily reach. Also helps with luggage. I know the law here on disability accommodation is much weaker in the US, but I can't imagine even this is legal.

Seriously...that's just a ridiculous design flaw. You can look at any other system that has gates like these (I've been in SF and DC in the past couple months). They put their equivalent of Presto readers on the side of the gate so that someone in a wheelchair can easily reach. Also helps with luggage.
Clearly then, they've not finished, and this won't be the January 1, 2017 configuration.

I know the law here on disability accommodation is much weaker in the US ...
If the law here is so much weaker, why do all our subway stations have to be compliant by 2025, however I've seen no similar deadlines for Chicago or New York City - which seems much further behind. And why when I'm walking around US cities, do I keep coming across sidewalks with no wheelchair ramps ... something I've rarely seen here for many years.

I sawe and used the New fare gates today from the looks of them only a few of them have Presto and it's not active yet, only two of them have readers for Metro passes. The wider one for wheelchairs and one next to it. They also have a regular old turnstile next to the collector's booth. The far end is still open but they have a collector sitting there.

25681724425_75dbc6bdc1_z_d.jpg

25562998872_55363df1ca_z_d.jpg

I also have a short video of me exiting them.

I mistakingly tapped my Presto card tonight despite someone I was travelling with having a day pass (let's 2 adults ride).

The attendant at the booth was nice enough to point out my mistake, and called me back to the booth to hand me an emergency transfer to use for a free ride in the future.

It would be nice if in the future, they had the ability to issue an emergency transfer via Presto, or simply refunds.

In the meantime, kudos to the lady at the booth at Broadview tonight for going above and beyond.

Looks like there has been some minor changes on the TTC Presto fare gates implementation schedule page. Previously each station had the approximate point of the month (e.g. early May, mid June etc.). Now most of them merely state Spring 2016. Runnymede originally had mid June and now it states Summer 2016. I wonder if there has been some minor slippage in the schedule.

Looks like there has been some minor changes on the TTC Presto fare gates implementation schedule page. Previously each station had the approximate point of the month (e.g. early May, mid June etc.). Now most of them merely state Spring 2016. Runnymede originally had mid June and now it states Summer 2016. I wonder if there has been some minor slippage in the schedule.

Honestly with how these things go, I've found the TTC has a very hard time being accurate even down to the month with schedules for this type of installation. If they give a specific month it's a lot easier for something to happen (whether it already has, or they're just being cautious) than if they give a 3-month window.

Honestly with how these things go, I've found the TTC has a very hard time being accurate even down to the month with schedules for this type of installation. If they give a specific month it's a lot easier for something to happen (whether it already has, or they're just being cautious) than if they give a 3-month window.

1 month or 3 months mean nothing if they dont enforce the deadlines. What they ought to do is clamp down on deadlines and make sure that they meet it at all costs even if they have OT and weekend shifts

Back