News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

is there a way to get presto without paying this $6 fee...seems like another tax (i know it costs money but still find this annoying) since i believe there now isnt much of any other way to use GO?

you either spend the $6 and get the card with discounted fares or buy tickets every time you ride for cash fare. If you use GO even sporadically, the discounted fares will pay for it in only a few trips.

is there a way to get presto without paying this $6 fee...seems like another tax (i know it costs money but still find this annoying) since i believe there now isnt much of any other way to use GO?

Durham Transit is giving them away for free right now.

dang wish i had seen this before ordering online
It's only $6. I've gained far more than that with Preso between the return trips in under 3 hours on GO that become free (if you travel in the same zone) or almost free (if your in an adjacent zone) ... and a recent $40 autoload that never showed up on my credit card.

Not to mention the discount you get for every trip on GO.

It's only $6. I've gained far more than that with Preso between the return trips in under 3 hours on GO that become free (if you travel in the same zone) or almost free (if your in an adjacent zone) ... and a recent $40 autoload that never showed up on my credit card.

Not to mention the discount you get for every trip on GO.

It's actually a bug. The return trip should count as a new trip but Go staff cant figure out how to overcome this issue

It's actually a bug. The return trip should count as a new trip but Go staff cant figure out how to overcome this issue
Are you sure? If you use the GO fare calculator, it does correctly reflect the full return trip in under 3 hours, if you enter your start point and end point as the same, and put the destination as the transfer point.

It seems odd that they'd put the same bug into the on-line fare calculator - www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/fares/farecalculator.aspx

Back