News   Mar 28, 2024
 421     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 726     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

I think a Thornton road underpass would make a lot of sense with the Thornton's Corner station being built for the Bowmanville extension. Would also allow for DRT to operate a new bus on Thornton road, with a connection to Oshawa GO and Trent University's Durham campus at Thornton and King.
Ive always been amazed that Thorton Road doesnt go over/under the 401, considering the location of Oshawa station.

Nothing like a refreshing 3.4km walk through the wilds of Industrial Oshawa next to a huge highway to get to school from the GO Station!
I've rejected jobs in Oshawa because of the nightmare of getting from the station to Oshawa as a pedestrian or even a bus user. I'm not driving from downtown Toronto to Oshawa on a regular basis.

"next stop: nowhere near durham college oshawa station"
LMAO

Don't forget this is only the beginning. The original plan as reported by the Sun was to have contacts signed that included all Durham region Go stations, bathrooms, parking lots, quiet areas, etc.

As the article states, they will also share ridership data with the 'sponsor'. But isn't, or rather, shouldn't that be available to everyone regardless? Does Metrolinx not share ridership data with the public?

And all this for a mere 50k-500k/year? Are we that cash strapped that we cannot afford a few million extra per year should this expand beyond Durham?

Last edited:
Post notes a new Metrolinx website will be live Monday.

A new registration is also required to receive Metrolinx News to your inbox.

Screenshot_2022-12-02_165402.jpg

The search engine sucks, and there is much less functionality around retrieving documents.

I am still trying to find the minutes and agendas for Board Meetings.

- Paul

EDIT - I did find the Board agendas, but the various EA documents and construction bulletins and such are much harder to find.

Could they not build a double track corridor beside the YORK sub?
Where does CN put in an 2nd/3rd track if they need it? How many overpasses will have to be rebuilt to have 5 tracks in the corridor as well underpass??

You realize the 407 ROW will service areas better than the CN corridor.

Where does CN put in an 2nd/3rd track if they need it? How many overpasses will have to be rebuilt to have 5 tracks in the corridor as well underpass??
You would need it anyways if you built it beside the 407. At every exit you would need an overpass or an underpass. You would need to fill in valleys or build bridges. The only way to avoid it is to build tracks in the center median like an LRT, but you still need a divider to prevent traffic from crashing into LRT cars.

Or just run buses on the right shoulder, and you can build stations under the overpass.

Back