News   Apr 16, 2024
 643     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 462     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 826     1 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Nothing prevents Caledon from contracting out transit services to Brampton Transit. Once the new BT MSF on Highway 50 is open, it'd be even easier to contract Bolton service to Brampton.
What possible incentive would Brampton have to do that though? Unless Caledon is gonna pay them as much, if not more, than it costs to run their own system. Brampton residents aren't gonna want to subsidize Caledon's transit system if they don't have to.

You think??
Indubitably

What possible incentive would Brampton have to do that though? Unless Caledon is gonna pay them as much, if not more, than it costs to run their own system. Brampton residents aren't gonna want to subsidize Caledon's transit system if they don't have to.
They managed to reach an agreement for Brampton to service Mayfield West with a new bus line. If Caledon wants transit, they can pay for it. Brampton Transit would be superior to the Voyago service Caledon chose, because Brampton Transit would include Caledon in on the BT transfer agreements.

York Region municipalities did the same with a number of TTC bus routes for years as well. There's a GTA precedent.
The City of Brampton is already contracted by the Town of Caledon to provide the 81 Mayfield West to Mayfield West. A possible reason Brampton Transit wasn't selected for the Bolton bus is because Caledon didn't want to pay what it'd cost to have a bus run out of the Brampton Transit Clark Facility. Caledon would have needed to also pay for the time to get the bus from the facility to the start of the route, and back again, for each half of the split shift, which would drive up the cost per revenue hour significantly.
1601170015241.png

Today's news kicks off with 2020 wasn't such a bad year for everyone.........

Phil Verster, head of Mx is getting a 3-year contract extension with a 35% raise.

Apparently disingenuous obfuscation pays better than I remembered.

Today's news kicks off with 2020 wasn't such a bad year for everyone.........

Phil Verster, head of Mx is getting a 3-year contract extension with a 35% raise.

Apparently disingenuous obfuscation pays better than I remembered.

Not for the front-line workers, who do the real work. :eek:

There's no way to post all of this to all the different threads, so I'm putting it here. Over yesterday and today, Toronto City Council has had a lot of discussion around things Metrolinx.
I'm impressed with how many little nuggets of information, and detailed questions, have emerged. And by some of the comments about dealing with Metrolinx.
Those interested in some of the ML-City projects might find it worthwhile to check out the Youtube of the meeting. It's still going on as of 5:15 PM.

- Paul

There's no way to post all of this to all the different threads, so I'm putting it here. Over yesterday and today, Toronto City Council has had a lot of discussion around things Metrolinx.
I'm impressed with how many little nuggets of information, and detailed questions, have emerged. And by some of the comments about dealing with Metrolinx.
Those interested in some of the ML-City projects might find it worthwhile to check out the Youtube of the meeting. It's still going on as of 5:15 PM.

- Paul

Is it just me, or does Colle look a bit older these days?

Also, I'm entirely down w/the spirit of his motion on Eglinton...........

But he just said the corridor was set aside for transit............LOL, Richview/Crosstown Expressway.

^Obviously, one will agree with some of the speakers and disagree with others, but I thought the debate was significantly better and more fact-based than in the past. Certainly light years ahead of the Ford era. Yeah, lots of games and ploys and showboating, but they were putting forward issues and asking for facts.

Even so, there’s the old adage about watching sausage get made......

- Paul

To be fair how many billion dollars of transit projects is Verster managing?

Excellent question. The answer changes wildly depending on your opinion of Infrastructure Ontario which writes and manages much of the tender process.

New Metrolinx map. Apparently, Gerrard GO Station is still in the works, the Pearson link on the Eglinton Crosstown has been removed, a new Yorkdale GO Station? (Probably a mapping error.) And Lawrence East GO station is on the map.

1602716783457.png

Last edited:
New Metrolinx map. Apparently, Gerrard GO Station is still in the works, the Pearson link on the Eglinton Crosstown has been removed, a new Yorkdale GO Station? (Probably a mapping error.) And Lawrence East GO station is on the map.

View attachment 276795
So its quite clear that this is an early version of the map since there's a lot of mistakes on here. Namely, Agincourt is completely missing, same with East Gwillimbury. Yorkdale is located at 401 and Barrie rather than 401 and University. Aside from that, I think its important to note a couple of things. First is they're at least thinking of all day 15 minute service to Mt. Pleasant on the Kitchener Line, and all day service to Kitchener beyond that somehow, as well as all day service to Niagara Falls. Lawrence East is back on the map, same with Gerrard GO. Also Line 5 has been cut back from the Airport to Renforth (RIP).

Back