News   Apr 17, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

There's probably a good case to put Caledon into Dufferin County, with maybe the suburbanized southern tier of it being gifted to Brampton.

There would likely be much opposition. Moving the more intensified south to Brampton would gut their tax base, leaving the north part with the greenbelt limitations.

Oh I know, I'm just pretending I'm God.

You're only a pharaoh.
b63uTS.gif

From link.

I settled on putting this here.

Its not strictly Metrolinx, but their bosses at the MTO who are sussing out people's priorities for transportation investments over the next 5 years, and the longer term.

Some questions on this survey are pre-post Covid experience.

Most are fairly general multiple choice.

There is a box however where you can write in your top priority/priorities.

I would encourage people to fill out the survey, there's demographic info at the end, but its all optional.

GO is closing a level-rail crossing by the Rouge Hill GO Stn at Chesterton Shores.

If you have any desire to photograph it or walk it before closure.........you have til the end of Sunday.

Closure is effective Sept. 14th.

GO is closing a level-rail crossing by the Rouge Hill GO Stn at Chesterton Shores.

If you have any desire to photograph it or walk it before closure.........you have til the end of Sunday.

I know this crossing well and I am honestly surprised it was not closed alot sooner. With the amount of people in the area this was a disaster waiting to happen.

Didn't realize this used to be a public street before the houses on it were expropriated.

Nothing prevents Caledon from contracting out transit services to Brampton Transit. Once the new BT MSF on Highway 50 is open, it'd be even easier to contract Bolton service to Brampton.
You think??

Back