2.6K     7 
News   Mar 04, 2021
 977     0 

Metrolinx: Finch West LRT

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm just pointing out that you basically said "Installing Fare Gates would generate less revenue than Installing Fare Gates"
I said the increased revenue (from installing fare gates). Increased is the verb, not installing. Okay, grammatically clunky and should have said cost somewhere in there ... but I think the meaning was clear.

anb

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's sad that the surface platforms won't have fare gates, which makes it really easy to ride for free (especially after you transfer onto another line).
Isn’t that like all GO stations and TTC streetcars though? I know there’s some people who ride the streetcar one stop before the subway like for example, Queens Quay to Union, then pick up a transfer receipt from that box because they entered the “fare paid” zone, and then they’re basically all set to go for the entire network without even thinking about a dime or an enforcer. The ttc really needs better enforcement when it comes to these whole fare paid rules because there are clear loopholes around the whole system. Something that could be a continuing problem with the inclusion of both Eglinton and Finch West in the future, and one could get from let’s say stouffville to mount dennis without paying any fare at all.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
/\ From that post: