Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

seems the CBC thought the vehicles for crosstown were meant to be planes
Capture bombardier.JPG

:)

Attachments

• Capture bombardier.JPG
    Capture bombardier.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 829
Apologies if this is obvious, but I don't think this plane can fit in the tunnels. Any words of wisdom @smallspy?
to be fair to CBC...the story (for those inclined to read it) was about two different BBD stories today...one the slowdown in building corporate jets and the other the train deadline being missed.....but they should take care to match the twitter headline to the twitter picture (IMO)....or expect to be mocked :)

Because this test vehicle is the only tangible component of the Crosstown that is near completion. It's easy for future users of the crosstown to invision themselves using the vehcile in a few years. The same can't be said about the rest of the Crosstown protect which, in its current stage, is nowhere near completion

The traffic delays on Eglinton are real. :) I tell my colleagues I can't wait for four years from now. We should put a countdown timer on here. Since my post is the 11,174th in this conversation, I bet we can get to 20,000 before this thing is open.

If you want to make me really drool, I want to envision taking Line 5 to Science Centre station and then transferring using the interchange station to (NEW) Line 3 and then gliding downtown to Osgoode in 15 minutes. That is a vision that rocks.

They had a helicopter following the TGV into a tunnel in Mission Impossible, so why not?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

haha, I love that scene. "Red light. Green light."

Quick, someone post a photo of Pokémon manufacturing LRVs!

I would love to see Pokémon manufacturing LRVs for Bombardier. Apparently, Slowpokes and Slowkings took over the manufacturing plants. Apparently, Snorlax is now heading Bombardier's plant in Mexico.

Don't know anything about pokemon, but this gif was one of the first things that came up when I googled the M:I scene smallspy brought up.

9qRyT7B.gif

Those are pretty dated photos tbh.(30 jun16)... Hopefully work would've progressed further by now

Back