News   Jul 08, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 

Metrolinx : $400M for TTC, GO and other transit

There are northbound trains at 4:48pm, 5:20pm, 6:00pm, and 6:30pm, with a comparable morning rush hour schedule and these don't seem to cause too much havoc. I would assume trains on a 30-40 minute schedule during the day and later at night would be of lesser concern anyway. Personally, I would like an 8:30am and 9:00am southbound from Markham, and 7:00pm and 7:30pm trains northbound with hourly trains until midnight.

On another note, is there a reason that bus service from union ends at 12:40am? I would assume a 1:40am would be viable, especially on Friday and Saturday.

The outer ends of the CTA Pink and Brown lines feature level crossings, and trains come every 5-12 minutes most of the time. It can be done.

Though I can't figure out why Steeles, Finch and Sheppard don't have grade separations yet. Or Highway 7 for that matter. Those are the most important.

There are northbound trains at 4:48pm, 5:20pm, 6:00pm, and 6:30pm, with a comparable morning rush hour schedule and these don't seem to cause too much havoc. I would assume trains on a 30-40 minute schedule during the day and later at night would be of lesser concern anyway. Personally, I would like an 8:30am and 9:00am southbound from Markham, and 7:00pm and 7:30pm trains northbound with hourly trains until midnight.

On another note, is there a reason that bus service from union ends at 12:40am? I would assume a 1:40am would be viable, especially on Friday and Saturday.

Well, of course they don't seem to cause havoc from the perspective of someone on the train :) Although 'havoc' and 'nightmares' are exaggerations, we should be doing everything possible to limit the negative side effects of improved GO service. Even if buses and cars are only delayed for a minute or two, every little bit of time matters.

Now, not every crossing needs to be upgraded, but some must be done, like Steeles. Combined with Pacific Mall traffic, those 4 trains a day really can cause problems.

Re: Stouffville line bus service - it can be spectacularly fast...I've gotten from Unionville station to Union station in as little as 24 minutes, and that includes several minutes of totally immobile gridlock around the 404/401 interchange.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree completely that they should all get grade crossings starting with the major roads.

I have also found the bus service to be very fast, when the DVP is not jammed at least.

Back