News   Oct 11, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 3K     2 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 689     0 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

There was a 2-4-1 near me on Parliament Street at Richmond which quickly died during the pandemic, but going past recently it has somehow been resurrected and is back in business again four years later.
I finally walked in and got a slice and I was impressed vs. Pizza Pizza. My worst pizza experience in Cabbagetown was at Salt and Tobacco on Parliament St., where I bought mini pizza to eat in the park. It was hardly cooked, forcing me to fold it like a burrito. But like many a pizza place they refused to slice the pizza properly, so I'm left to tear the floppy mess apart on my lap.
Meh, of all Toronto's pizza chains, Pizza Pizza is by far the worst. At its best, it's utilitarian food product, at its worst it's flavourless white bubblegum atop tomato-smeared cardboard.
I like Pizzaville the most. Their walk-in specials are inexpensive. Just don't ask for a salad.

Last edited:

While I can understand the participants' disappointment, especially as Chow seems to show up at every festival or community event, I don't see why the mayor needs to go to the Oct 7th memorial event. I need my mayor to make sure the city works, to keep my sewers, utilities, transit, bike lanes and roads working, to enforce by-laws and overall run the city. Do that I and I won't care if you skip Remembrance Day, whatever cultural days, community festivals or memorials, etc. Just run my city well.

“Even giving benefit of doubt that the Mayor’s office accidentally unsubscribed, the fact remains that we did reach out directly to Mayor Chow’s office and extended an invitation for her to participate personally to her staff."
"never attribute to malice what could be equally explained by incompetence

While I can understand the participants' disappointment, especially as Chow seems to show up at every festival or community event, I don't see why the mayor needs to go to the Oct 7th memorial event.
Because she'll be dragged through the mud for not attending.
Personally I agree, and I'd wish my councillor would spend more time on running the city well than writing threatening letters and fear mongering.

I like Pizzaville the most. Their walk-in specials are inexpensive. Just don't ask for a salad.

It was a rainy day in pizzaville… they’re decent. Though my fav local chain is Pizzaiolo. They remind me of what Amato’s was on Saturday nights after a night at Reverb on Queen. That is until it was discovered old man Amato was stiffing his employees to line his own pockets.

I still like Pizza Nova as well, they seem to have stepped the quality up in the last few years. Pi Co. makes a decent neapolitan, but Libretto still wins in that arena.

It was a rainy day in pizzaville… they’re decent. Though my fav local chain is Pizzaiolo. They remind me of what Amato’s was on Saturday nights after a night at Reverb on Queen. That is until it was discovered old man Amato was stiffing his employees to line his own pockets.

I still like Pizza Nova as well, they seem to have stepped the quality up in the last few years. Pi Co. makes a decent neapolitan, but Libretto still wins in that arena.
As far as mainstream chains go, nobody touches Pizzaiolo. It's not even close.

As far as mainstream chains go, nobody touches Pizzaiolo. It's not even close.

For slices particularly.

Greater variety, more flavour, fresher.

When getting scratch made, there is a bit more competition, but not from other 'big boys'

Those Brits! https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crkd7861xgro

1728825181615.png

Back