News   May 06, 2024
 307     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 934     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

"'We’ve been doing that for years,' Ford said of the Toronto Police ticketing and towing blitz launched this week."

Sour grapes. Can't take someone else doing a job you failed at for four years? And then there's the traffic thing.

Rob Ford not impressed with Tory decisions
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/08/rob-ford-not-impressed-with-tory-decisions

Moore on 1010 suggested that if Tory was doing the job like Ford would, he'd be sitting around under a tree in a park knocking back vodka from a paper bag.

*golf clap*

Shut up and *actually* work Rob, you've been on the public teat for 14 years and have generously generated about 1 years worth of accomplishment.

Got to wonder who is the bright mind that invited his ex-worship to the ceremony, and how it relates to protocol.

AoD

I saw him say he was "invited by the officers". I'm a little unclear whether he meant the cadet graduates or those officiating the event. If true, it's a pretty stiff middle finger to the Chief from whichever group. Pretty bold insubordination for the rookie class.
I suspect he just crashed it... to "support the front line guys"

I saw him say he was "invited by the officers". I'm a little unclear whether he meant the cadet graduates or those officiating the event. If true, it's a pretty stiff middle finger to the Chief from whichever group. Pretty bold insubordination for the rookie class.
I suspect he just crashed it... to "support the front line guys"

Well, the joke is on them - he'd be the first known crack-smoking, trash-talking elected official to be present. Bodes well for law enforcement, I suppose.

AoD

"'We’ve been doing that for years,' Ford said of the Toronto Police ticketing and towing blitz launched this week."

Sour grapes. Can't take someone else doing a job you failed at for four years? And then there's the traffic thing.

Rob Ford not impressed with Tory decisions
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/08/rob-ford-not-impressed-with-tory-decisions

Sour grapes indeed.

There's also the matter of Fraud being, well, not as fun to joke with. Example:

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 11.59.17 AM.png

B655Cw0IgAAGLVF.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 11.59.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 11.59.17 AM.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 617
  • B655Cw0IgAAGLVF.png
    B655Cw0IgAAGLVF.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 648
I work in construction and have to adapt to parking regulations all the time. Sometimes I have to park around the block (and believe me, our customers' costs did not go up because I have to drop my material and tools off at the site and then park elsewhere and walk back). Sometimes we need temporary permits. Sometimes we have to pay to park. We adapt. If a courier company can't adapt to existing regulations (not new ones, mind!) then they shouldn't be in business. They're obviously too rigid. Get smaller delivery vehicles for central areas, for example. No, f*ck it, that makes too much sense.

I agree, construction industry has had to deal with this issue forever. We already have to schedule certain deliveries outside of rush hours if we want to block traffic lanes (ie. if we are offloading a truck). Courier companies need to suck it up and stop being babies. Welcome to doing business in a city. If you aren't interested, then do business elsewhere. I'm sure someone smart and adaptable will step in to pick up the business that you don't want.

Last edited:

Sorry, you've been doing what exactly for years? Pissing your life away? Disrespecting taxpayers? GTFO, Rob.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/09/new-york-subways-have-torontos-beat

Snobelen writes like Wormington! He is complaining about subways.

Pardon my language, but reading that was f*cked. I hope he gets lost on the NY metro one day and we never hear from him again. Cabinet minister, my eye. Wasn't he in cabinet when his government decided to fill in a certain underground transit project in Toronto? I could be wrong, I was only about 11 at the time and could be remembering incorrectly....but then again, I'm no Snobelen. What a d-bag.

Cabinet minister, my eye. Wasn't he in cabinet when his government decided to fill in a certain underground transit project in Toronto?
Yes, John Snobelen was in cabinet, when cabinet approved the cancellation of the Eglinton subway.

Nice to know memory still serves. (I may be somewhat young buy I've definitely had some Smitherman times, if you know what I mean)

Back