News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Sounds like Ainslie did a great job tonight vs Glen DBM. Jennifer Pagliaro will have an article on it soon as she was tweeting from there. Ainslie debunked all the myths, and boy were there a lot.

So much BS just from one councillor. Soon we will hear from many more of them in Tuesday's council debate. I don't think I'm ready for it.

So much BS just from one councillor. Soon we will hear from many more of them in Tuesday's council debate. I don't think I'm ready for it.
Let them BS. It's now at the point where the majority public are 'getting it'. And I have an inkling that the ruse is coming to an end, there's no funding an increasingly, I suspect the Feds aren't going to come through on anything more than what's already pledged ($600,000 or so).

Pagliaro did indeed get her copy into the Star last night, I read it before hitting sack. And it is dynamite:

Tory makes unsubstantiated claims in support of subway plan

How busy will the Scarborough subway extension be?

CBC just got a story up:
Scarborough
subway plan to
face fierce criticism
at city council meeting

Last edited:
I honestly can't fathom how any of them can justify 3.35 billion dollars for a one stop subway. I thought they were supposed to be fiscally responsible?

Sorry to nitpick but...

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott@GraphicMatt
Coun. Pasternak doesn’t think people should say “one-stop subway.” He says there are 31 stops on Bloor line, so this is a 32-stop subway.

Well I mean, if we are going to be spending over $4 billion on a suburban subway, I'd rather it be Sheppard to be honest.
Indeed. As a strong proponent of the Scarborough Subway, I cannot in good faith support a one-stop subway that costs nearly $4 billion. That is absolutely ridiculous when so many pressing transit needs exist all across the city.

At this point I'd much rather they shelve the Line 2 extension and redirect the money into Sheppard. Seems like there's more bang for the buck there.

Mammo's motion for money to be redirected to a Sheppard line from Sheppard West to STC lost 36-3. Good.
It's sad when Mammolitti has the best proposal.

Just like 5 years ago when Ford came up with the best proposal.

Sorry to nitpick but...

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott@GraphicMatt
Coun. Pasternak doesn’t think people should say “one-stop subway.” He says there are 31 stops on Bloor line, so this is a 32-stop subway.
They're eliminating the six-station Line 3, so we should really be calling it a -4 stop subway.

Back