News   Jul 17, 2024
 254     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 799     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 633     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

We also need more garbage bins, particularly in new residential areas. City Place, Fort York and Liberty Village all lack city-provided bins so people walking along the street just toss their garbage. It's always messy around Tim Horton's in City Place, for example.
Contact the local City Councillor and request that more public receptacles be installed. Suggest areas where they are needed. I've done that in my neighbourhood, and as a result, have had nearly a dozen installed, over the course of a few years. The ones I got installed are well used, but of course, there are still twits that litter, and even right near the them.

Councillor and 311 have received numerous requests over the past few years. Official response is that new street furniture is on hold but the requests have been noted.

i got a city garbage/recycling bin installed on the street in front of my building (there's a ttc stop there too) within the last year or so, simple by requesting it through 311.

did ezra ever bring up all the property the fords have and then question the number of servants that run them?

i got a city garbage/recycling bin installed on the street in front of my building (there's a ttc stop there too) within the last year or so, simple by requesting it through 311.
I wish more people took the initiative to do things like that. A simple email or phone call can produce results that would otherwise not occur.

Councillor and 311 have received numerous requests over the past few years. Official response is that new street furniture is on hold but the requests have been noted.

Of course should they reduce the number of Councillors, that means more people per Councillor, meaning more of a backlog. In turn, requests would be prioritized according to the loudest resident, meaning going to bottom of the request list.

Best to do so now, before the lower the number of Councillors.

Of course should they reduce the number of Councillors, that means more people per Councillor, meaning more of a backlog. In turn, requests would be prioritized according to the loudest resident, meaning going to bottom of the request list.

Best to do so now, before the lower the number of Councillors.
I don't buy that argument. 44 is still a relatively arbitrary nunumber. If it's all about customer service maybe 88 is the right number of councillors?

I wish more people took the initiative to do things like that. A simple email or phone call can produce results that would otherwise not occur.
i was rather pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. (but i must say, all the litter that was ended up on our property otherwise was an easy motivator for the initiative.) it's part of why i don't get the people that think they need a mayor that calls you back or shows up at your place to accomplish such things.

https://news.yahoo.com/video/3-dead-17-injured-chicago-152800055.html

The amount of shootings and stabbings in December seemed large, but just look at what Chicago has on one weekend alone.
here's a (pardon the pun) timely :p article about chicago shootings...

Chicago Shootings and Murders Surged in 2015
The year-end crime statistics showed there were 468 murders in Chicago in 2015 compared with 416 the year before, a 12.5% increase, as well as 2,900 shootings—13% more than the year prior, and up 29% since 2013.
[...]
Roughly 7,000 guns were confiscated by police in the past year, Chicago police said.
http://time.com/4165576/chicago-murders-shootings-rise-2015/

https://news.yahoo.com/video/3-dead-17-injured-chicago-152800055.html

The amount of shootings and stabbings in December seemed large, but just look at what Chicago has on one weekend alone.
Where are Democrats and BlackLivesMatter when black people are killing each other with guns everyday in Chicago (I guess they only care when a white person/cop kills one; fits the "America is racist" narrative better)? Funny how American liberals always point to the far less frequent mass shootings as a means to demagogue the public into wanting guns made illegal. In reality, the most guns crimes in the U.S. are committed by black men with no fathers; but that's too touchy of an issue for left wing politicians and the mainstream media to discuss. And the the most gun related deaths are a result of suicide.

Last edited:

Back