News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 574     1 

Markham Place (Markham & Sheppard, VHL Dev, 2x 16s) COMPLETE

indeed this project's not pretty ... but I'm suprised how ON TIME construction is happening ... hey on the plus side at they DO have floor-to-ceiling windows (shown in the last photo above)

I was going to complain about it being so far from the street but I see the second tower is being built there.

August 22 2009 update

Disturbing as the design of this project may be ... good progress is being made on site ~ :)

4 Storey Office-Retail Building Fronting Markham Road
IMG_1525.jpg

East Tower (Phase 1) - west elevation
IMG_1526.jpg

I Can't Believe WHITE is the Final Colour :eek:
... the white stucco feels like a primer waiting for paint to be applied (which will never happen) ... well at least the balconies are painted ~
IMG_1527.jpg

East Tower (Phase 1) - east elevation
IMG_1528.jpg

North Tower (Phase 2) - south elevation
IMG_1529.jpg

North Tower (Phase 2) - north elevation
IMG_1530.jpg

I'm not impressed with the colour either the white makes it look like a regular rental building I hope they pay more attention to detail with the interior.

I also notice they removed the decals on the top side of the building now its just a big plain slab. In the rendering it was supposed to be glass, I wonder why they did this???

Sadly ... I wouldn't be expecting anything more from this building in the interiors either ~

now that you mention it, I went back to look at the original renderings and INDEED they in fact look much better (in comparison that is) ... I suppose the only logical answer behind why the builder changed to spandrel glass panels around the roof mechanical unit to a big plain stucco slab is The Cheapening (tm) ... something that we here @ UT are quite familiar with

there's not much info on the builder or much buzz but this seems like a natural place to build a condo community. There's not much if any new condos being built in scarborough outside of SRTC

The Builder is Vahn Lapouyan. His other company is GAREENE HOMES. He built a Custom Home on the Waterfront of Lake Wilcox (Richmond HIll) and we are building the very last direct waterfront lot next door to the home he built next year(Which our clients bought the lot from him).

Other than the Custom Homes that he did and a townhome project at Bayview/Sheppard; I am not aware of any other projects/developments he has done.

The Builder is Vahn Lapouyan. His other company is GAREENE HOMES. He built a Custom Home on the Waterfront of Lake Wilcox (Richmond HIll) and we are building the very last direct waterfront lot next door to the home he built next year(Which our clients bought the lot from him).

Other than the Custom Homes that he did and a townhome project at Bayview/Sheppard; I am not aware of any other projects/developments he has done.

Thanks a lot. Have you heard of any feedback(positive or negative) on the quality of the homes?

Thanks a lot. Have you heard of any feedback(positive or negative) on the quality of the homes?

I don't like to speculate but the custom home that he built next to the lot we are doing on Sunset beach looks like a nice French looking home. He sold it for $2 Million. A buyer from Hong Kong bought it completely from pictures. Then we heard that the homes' basement flooded (this could be a number of things--not neccisarily how he built but the reports on the water and grading; which is with the TRCA and The Town Of Richmond Hill) But the new owner put 250K in new landscaping and I had a good 30 minute talk with one of the guys doing the work and said that the stucco was falling off, the limestone flooring was cracking, the basement flooded again etc)

Then the new buyer put it on sale for $3 Million SHortly after but surprise surprise it didn't sell

The home did win some awards. Best Master Ensuite, Best Foyer and I beleive there was one more.

Also the buyer beleived that he also owned the vacant lot next door which we are working on. He seemed interested after to purchase the lot for his private garden; but put his home on the market instead.

As all of us UT'ers know, pictures can be deceiving :D :p

Here are some pics of the home:

N1245386.jpg

N1245386_2.jpg

N1245386_4.jpg

N1532868_5.jpg

N1532868_2.jpg

N1532868_9.jpg

November 19 2009 update

*Note:
My Photobucket account's monthly bandwidth limit has been exceeded
Below links to the full size images will be functional on the 21st :eek: ... my apologies

Office Building along Markham Road
Click to Enlarge*

Markham Place Phase 1 - SW & NE Elevations

Markham Place - Phase 2 - SW & NE Elevations

Did anybody see the interior? I am curious! The outside does not look like the "artist's impression" given to me...:eek:

syndicate ... floor P1/A is one level below ground (-1) @ Markham Place ~

due to the sloping nature of these lands, the ground level of this condo complex is defined as grade level in line with Markham Road ... the grade drops down in the easterly direction 1 full floor towards Orchard Place Drive thereby exposing the P1 level (like a walkout basement)

That's why you see windows on the bottom floor P1/A in these earlier photos looking from the northwest towards the site (where the lowest floor shown with windows here is actually floor P1/A)

Click to Enlarge

Back