News   Apr 26, 2024
 361     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 193     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 648     0 

Majestic Court (Markham Ctr, Times Group, 16 + 14s, Kirkor)

anybody have a unit here?. I heard that the quality is pretty poor. You can hear all your neighbors conversations even when they're speaking in a normal tone?.

Yea alright this is just too much ....

Clearly know one is living in these buildings yet.

Please tell me you were referring to the buildings across the street, the white ones?

yeah MBS ... were you referring to the NOA buildings ??

IMG_2912.jpg

I live in one of the Noa buildings and I don't hear any regular conversation going on from the unit beside me. However, I can clearly hear the people (and their horrible 24/7 dance music) above me. I suspect it's more noisiness on their part than it is lack of noise insulation on the condo's part though.

That being said, I'm not impressed by the build quality of the condo itself. This is the first condo I've lived in though, so I'm not sure if this sort of workmanship is to be expected from a newly built GTA condo.

April 14 2009 update

Occupancy begins @ Majestic Court (see those blinds?) :D

IMG_3679.jpg

The brick detailing extending all the way up the towers aren't half bad in person ~

IMG_3675-1.jpg

Some nice facade material variations on the lower levels ~

IMG_3677.jpg

Grade level retail facing South Town Centre Boulevard (just the way UT likes it) ;)

IMG_3678.jpg

IMO ... the very cool corner feature (which houses the party room + pool etc)

IMG_3676.jpg

I love how people on this board DEMAND at-grade retail. And then when we get it, they complain if the spaces are taken by a laundromat, dentist, Rabba, Second Cup, Shoppers, etc.

I love that place, but damn that parking lot (only one I know of is at Warden/Steeles).

Your missing out! The best location is right @ NYCC, a bit north of NYCC station on Yonge (5229 Yonge St). If you must, they even offer free parking (only limited hours though) on the adjacent lot farther north. Pay parking is always available too.

Last edited:
I see more ReZen than Icon. A cheap $5 imitation ReZen.

Standard Times/ Kirkor affair. Almost a spitting imagine of the final Galleria phase or an updated Bayview Mansions.

Vaughan (and Markham's) slogan should be changed from "The City Above Toronto" to The City 10 Years Behind Toronto. :p

Ya, not really. Toronto has huge swaths of sustainable communities thanks mostly to inner city neighbourhoods that current city planners had no part in creating. On the other hand, Markham's sustainable communities, though fewer and far between, are the result of city planners that are resisting the traditional suburban model.

Toronto is currently abusing its scarce remaining farmland in Scarborough every bit as much its 905 neighbours. Open up any new homes magazine, and you'll discover that you too can own a detached house with a 2 car garage on your very own plot of the Rouge Park, brought to you courtesy of the 2009 Toronto planning department.

I'd argue that Markham (though not Vaughan) is on par with Toronto in terms of progressive planning. In fact, Markham may even be ahead of Toronto when measuring the effort it's putting into sustainable planning.

Back