News   Jul 15, 2024
 159     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 616     1 

MacLean's: How Canada stole the American Dream

My take:

It has always been easy to score cheap political points in this country by bashing the Excited States. C'mon, boys and girls: if we are really honest with ourselves we will admit that we are a teeny weeny bit envious of them. The are, after all, the most successful, richest, influential, powerful economic, cultural, technological and military this poor blue planet has ever seen. Forget Genghis. Forget Alexander. Forget the Ottomons. The buck stops there....

The choir preaching here does get just a tad boring. Dichotomy, your posts are refreshing

LOL, it would explain why he was saying get a job in an Ontario factory as an example of Canadian life.

I'd gladly exchange roles if it were possible. Let me head down to the courthouse to get my name legally changed... ;)

My family is dual, and we appreciate the beauty and the ridiculousness in both countries.

Claim that Toronto is the most multicultural city in the world by all means. Sure, even toss together some metrics to quantify the claim. Other cities are guilty of far worse when promoting themselves. Just don't claim that the United Nations officially designated Toronto as most multicultural when they never did.

I've seen the far worse claims. I don't remember which place it was but I was on a Japanese city website that I had been to that claimed to be multicultural and I didn't see any visibly non-Japanese there.

Back