News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.6K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 595     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Just noticed this thread has grown into some great reading and info on urbantoronto, Ive certainly learnt alot.

Thanks to everyone for their involvement, and I hope we continue to talk and vent here once we all settle in.

Just noticed this thread has grown into some great reading and info on urbantoronto, Ive certainly learnt alot.

Thanks to everyone for their involvement, and I hope we continue to talk and vent here once we all settle in.

On that note, I've got a question for anyone who has moved in already. I've been having A/C problems since I moved in last week. I've had the "A/C guy" come and check it and said everything was fine but it definaltely is not working properly. Basically what it does is it will blow out nice cold hour for an hour or so at a time and then the rest of the time it blows out humid warm air which then causes my place to get really warm really fast and humid as well. It is really bad when it is humid outside. When it starts blowing the warm air, no matter what I do to the thermostat or what temperature I set it at there is no way to get it working again. It just randomly decides to work every once in a while.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if it is just me.

What are you all doing for window coverings? And where are you getting them?

Hi

None of our windows were standard size, so we either had to go custom or get fancy and cut some blinds ourselves. We've only bought them for one of the balconies so far, and we went with Blinds to Go because we were in a rush. The price was fair for the service we got- the blinds were ready in 48 hours, custom made (we have the funny L shaped window), they are great quality and really easy to install.

They have blinds that are white on the back (showing out the window) and coloured on the front (looking into the room), so it is perfect for the condo bylaws.

For the service we got, I would definately recommend checking them out.

Wow! That's great to know! Thanks jacqpaul! I will definitely be making the trip to Blinds to Go after I move in. Moving in August 11.....I can't wait!

PS I've enjoyed reading the blogs here....just found it 2 or 3 days ago and its been great :) A lot of important info! Thanks to all!

Last edited:
What are you all doing for window coverings? And where are you getting them?

I only have 1 window in the bed room and the door to the balcony. I bought my curtain at ikea for a reasonable price and it fit perfectly $50 something, for the balcony door I bought the ROD at Zellers (o sale) and the curtain at kitchen stuff plus for 29.99 x2 it is white on the back.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40192318

On that note, I've got a question for anyone who has moved in already. I've been having A/C problems since I moved in last week. I've had the "A/C guy" come and check it and said everything was fine but it definaltely is not working properly. Basically what it does is it will blow out nice cold hour for an hour or so at a time and then the rest of the time it blows out humid warm air which then causes my place to get really warm really fast and humid as well. It is really bad when it is humid outside. When it starts blowing the warm air, no matter what I do to the thermostat or what temperature I set it at there is no way to get it working again. It just randomly decides to work every once in a while.

Hey GPALLTHEWAY I have had not AC problems so far. it has been working just fine. my AC is barely on, but when it is there is no problem with it cooling down the condo. the trick is to put dark curtains so that the sunshine/heat don't get in!!

Hi

None of our windows were standard size, so we either had to go custom or get fancy and cut some blinds ourselves. We've only bought them for one of the balconies so far, and we went with Blinds to Go because we were in a rush. The price was fair for the service we got- the blinds were ready in 48 hours, custom made (we have the funny L shaped window), they are great quality and really easy to install.

They have blinds that are white on the back (showing out the window) and coloured on the front (looking into the room), so it is perfect for the condo bylaws.

For the service we got, I would definately recommend checking them out.

Already had a quote from them, just waiting for the PDI to confirm measurements, thanks for the reassurance.

Wow! That's great to know! Thanks jacqpaul! I will definitely be making the trip to Blinds to Go after I move in. Moving in August 11.....I can't wait!

PS I've enjoyed reading the blogs here....just found it 2 or 3 days ago and its been great :) A lot of important info! Thanks to all!

welcome, what floor?

Hey GP, I'm on the 6th floor of M1, been there for about 3 weeks now. Yes the first two weeks we noticed that the AC was not bringing the room temp down to what we set it at. We were especially having problems on weeknights. My wife spoke to the spoke to the super, and he said something about the AC unit on the roof of the building being high efficiency, and it sometimes turns itself off. The last week or so it's been working better, only a few times have I noticed that it hasn't been working well. I think as more and more people move in and use their A/Cs, it will work better.

So there are 5 business days between now and when I move in. Still have not heard from their/my lawyer. Anybody who is moving in this week/next hear anything?

So there are 5 business days between now and when I move in. Still have not heard from their/my lawyer. Anybody who is moving in this week/next hear anything?

My occupancy date was a Thursday and my laywer did not receive the statement of adjustment until the the Monday. Everything is last minute with them so don't be shocked. I would contact Liberty, I talked to Jennifer Geniac, and it seems that it pushed their lawyers a little bit.

For those of you in M2:

I just heard from my lawyer. Not good news. His response "The interim occupancy date has been extended to August 20, 2010. I thought the builder would have advised you of this, as we just found out last week. "

So thats likely going to be a 10 day delay for most others.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Back