News   Jul 10, 2024
 174     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 983     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Hi, NO, no word yet from the lawyer :-( Maybe 2 days before the actual move in date? I just tried Rogers again and spoke to Sandra who transfered me to Lucy. I left her a voice mail this morning, but no answer? Whom did you speak with???

Thanks for all the info GPalltheway.

Wow - that's disappointing to hear that they changed so much of your plans... I know it's expected... but losing kitchen counter space in a condo is "ouch" :( I hope all else works out for the better for you. Your pictures look great though!

I just called Bell to see if the do have service in these condos (Sorry, I only checked with the M1 address... but I'm sure the same applies for M2). After lots of waiting on the phone, they basically told me that the address is NOT showing up in their system at all, which means that Bell service is not available (for the time being, I suppose) for this location. So I guess I won't be transferring my current Bell service... In fact, if Rogers turns out to be good enough or better, I guess that means Bell will be losing a customer :p

I'm sure once the condo board etc; gets set up, if people want Bell we'll eventually get it - but for now, I guess everyone should take advantage of the free Rogers service! I just called today to set it up as well (though I don't move in for another month+)

Coldstudios - are you in M1 or M2? May I ask who did you speak to about getting all the Rogers stuff set up? I'm getting no where :-( Voicemail after voicemail :-(

Hi, NO, no word yet from the lawyer :-( Maybe 2 days before the actual move in date? I just tried Rogers again and spoke to Sandra who transfered me to Lucy. I left her a voice mail this morning, but no answer? Whom did you speak with???

There is Sandra, Lucy, Darius, and each are assigned per unit, so if she transffered you to Lucy, she's your girl to speak to!

Flaco, what are your interim costs at the moment?

Can you give a breakdown, Im quite interested in the calculation for the phantom mortgage.

Thanks!

What do you mean? costs at the lawyer??? or actual living costs????

If so like I said before, your only additional cost at the lawyer before you get your keys will be the tarion fee $500.00 + tax.
search for my previous post for a break down of all the drafts and cheques that you will need.

As for living costs, every one will be different, I like to cook so most of my money goes away on food. plus the "rent". Havent received a hidro bill yet, when I do I will let you all know how much it will be. Rogers is free for now :D

Do you guys hear people next to you or across the hall? Is the elevator loud?

Not really, You can hear your neighbours on the hallway but thats about it. When I loved in I had my nephew go to the unit beside mine and screa to see if I can hear him but I didnt hear anything. but if you bang on the wall it can be heard. for the most part its not so bad. Outdoor noise does get loud if the door is open (especially since I am on the 3rd floor), but close the door and problem solved.

What do you mean? costs at the lawyer??? or actual living costs????

If so like I said before, your only additional cost at the lawyer before you get your keys will be the tarion fee $500.00 + tax.
search for my previous post for a break down of all the drafts and cheques that you will need.

As for living costs, every one will be different, I like to cook so most of my money goes away on food. plus the "rent". Havent received a hidro bill yet, when I do I will let you all know how much it will be. Rogers is free for now :D

nonono...the phantom mortgage cost

Not really, You can hear your neighbours on the hallway but thats about it. When I loved in I had my nephew go to the unit beside mine and screa to see if I can hear him but I didnt hear anything. but if you bang on the wall it can be heard. for the most part its not so bad. Outdoor noise does get loud if the door is open (especially since I am on the 3rd floor), but close the door and problem solved.

nephews ARE good for that! my unit is near the elevator and noise was my bigges concern.

Awesome pics. I have the same layout in M2 (was this also offered in M1?). Any chance you could post a wider pic of the living room area? Thanks

Here's some picks and my original floor plan so you can see some of the changes.

Nevermind, found most of my answers in a few posts back.

Anyone know when M2 move in commences? Anyone here one of the first?

Last edited:
Pdi

Hi Everyone:

We're on the 7th floor of M1 and we had our PDI last week and we got our keys this week. Overall we were very happy with the floorplan, there weren't any noticeable changes. We did have one of those weird windows though, with the patio door door and the smaller window beside it- and we did have to get custom blinds- 207 dollars later.

We had alot of little issues with the condo. I would caution you to look at the baseboards extremely carefully. Ours were not finished very nicely, you can see the nail heads and they definately need to be painted and sanded down. We had a torn screen and our glass doors have scratches in them. Make sure to check your floors really well too if you have laminate or hardwood, we found three dents in our floor that werent that noticeable on first glance. Also check your carpet for pilling underneath the closet doors (for those of you with walk in closets). Make sure to flick the switch for your bathroom exhaust fan- our on and off was backwards. We were really impressed with the finishes in the kitches, they were very well done and all of the tiling was very professional looking.

In regards to the noise, we couldnt hear any of the construction or people in the hallway.

As far as the interim fees, we thought they were fairly reasonable. It's broken out into three portions, the first is the interest on the outstanding purchase price (the interest is 3.something %), your condo fees (at the rate stated in your purchase agreement) and a portion of the yearly property taxes. I'm pretty sure each month is 1/12th of the yearly taxes.

I'm not sure if there were any questions floating around that I didn't answer but please feel free to ask!

Congrats jacqpaul on the move.

I can confirm the interim closing costs as I just got mine from my lawyer today. Mine consisted of the remaining deposit on the unit (was 10% of original purchase price for me but I think this varies based on when you bought), $550 + PST and GST for the Tarion waranty (I think someone mentioned it was $500 before, well it was $550 for me), the second 50% due for any upgrades, and if you move in mid month, you will owe your occupancy fees prorated from your move-in date to the end of the month.

As for the monthly "rent" fee, the interest rate on your outstanding balance is 3.7%. As just said you also have your property taxes and condo fees. Seems kind of unreasonable to charge the full condo fee when we have no ammenities to use which are a big chunk of what the condo fees pay for but my lawyer said that is what the condo act allows. Same with the 3.7% interest rate, this calculated based on what the condo act allows.

As for my options due to the changes from my original floor plan, well they are pretty limited. I could try and argue that they are substantial changes and the only thing they can do is give me my money back, which is pretty stupid considering the unit has appreciated in value quite a bit since I purchased. So if I don't like it I could close and then sell, whcih I won't be doing so I will just live with the changes. And not all of them were bad, I really like the fact that I have the extra window in the master bedroom that faces south, can see the downtown skyline from my bedroom now as a result.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

Congrats jacqpaul on the move.

I can confirm the interim closing costs as I just got mine from my lawyer today. Mine consisted of the remaining deposit on the unit (was 10% of original purchase price for me but I think this varies based on when you bought), $550 + PST and GST for the Tarion waranty (I think someone mentioned it was $500 before, well it was $550 for me), the second 50% due for any upgrades, and if you move in mid month, you will owe your occupancy fees prorated from your move-in date to the end of the month.

As for the monthly "rent" fee, the interest rate on your outstanding balance is 3.7%. As just said you also have your property taxes and condo fees. Seems kind of unreasonable to charge the full condo fee when we have no ammenities to use which are a big chunk of what the condo fees pay for but my lawyer said that is what the condo act allows. Same with the 3.7% interest rate, this calculated based on what the condo act allows.

As for my options due to the changes from my original floor plan, well they are pretty limited. I could try and argue that they are substantial changes and the only thing they can do is give me my money back, which is pretty stupid considering the unit has appreciated in value quite a bit since I purchased. So if I don't like it I could close and then sell, whcih I won't be doing so I will just live with the changes. And not all of them were bad, I really like the fact that I have the extra window in the master bedroom that faces south, can see the downtown skyline from my bedroom now as a result.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

is the 3.7% an annualized amount calculated on a monthly basis? ie $300K outstanding = 0.003083333333333 X 300,000 would be $925 per month? (plus condo fee and taxes)

For those of you that have moved into your condos, please let me know what time of the day you have been receiving your keys. I am trying to figure out if I should take the day off work that day or the next or both.

Thanks

Back