News   Jul 10, 2024
 167     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 366     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

For those of you that have moved into your condos, please let me know what time of the day you have been receiving your keys. I am trying to figure out if I should take the day off work that day or the next or both.

Thanks

I was told to expect them by 2PM but will be calling Property Management first thing in the morning so I can hopefully get them earlier. I will let you know what happens.

As for the monthly "rent" fee, the interest rate on your outstanding balance is 3.7%. As just said you also have your property taxes and condo fees. Seems kind of unreasonable to charge the full condo fee when we have no ammenities to use which are a big chunk of what the condo fees pay for but my lawyer said that is what the condo act allows. Same with the 3.7% interest rate, this calculated based on what the condo act allows.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on condo purchases, but when you say 3.7% of your purchase price, are you referring to how they calculate your "rent"? And is it the original price or price with upgrades (not that it would make a huge difference unless you spent $10000+ in upgrades...)?

Also, another dumb question, but when you officially pay mortgage? Would we be paying mortgage and "rent" the first few months?

Finally, I'm in M3 but bought 2yrs ago and deposited 15%, do I get any interest over the next 3yrs on this money? Sorry, I don't have a lawyer yet so not familiar with all these details..........

Thanks!!

Hey GPalltheway,

Any chance you have a measurement for that wall in the living room that backs onto the master bedroom (From beside the air conditioning unit to the door). I bought a TV already and need to make sure it fits in that wall area (where did they put the cable outlet?)

Hey GPalltheway,

Any chance you have a measurement for that wall in the living room that backs onto the master bedroom (From beside the air conditioning unit to the door). I bought a TV already and need to make sure it fits in that wall area (where did they put the cable outlet?)

That wall is only 73 inches (from the end of the air conditoning unit to the door frame). My floor plan showed it being roughly 7 feet so this is considerably smaller. I also bought a TV unit with two bookshelves on either side that is now going back because it won't fit. Also, they put the alarm silencer switch on the wall and they also screwed up the location of the light switches whcih are almost two feet into the wall center of the wall from the door frame. I don't understand why they wouldn't put the light switch right next to the door frame.

Yes the cable outlet is on this wall as well.

Even if you bought the exact same unit as mine the measurements could very well be different.

That wall is only 73 inches (from the end of the air conditoning unit to the door frame). My floor plan showed it being roughly 7 feet so this is considerably smaller. I also bought a TV unit with two bookshelves on either side that is now going back because it won't fit. Also, they put the alarm silencer switch on the wall and they also screwed up the location of the light switches whcih are almost two feet into the wall center of the wall from the door frame. I don't understand why they wouldn't put the light switch right next to the door frame.

Yes the cable outlet is on this wall as well.

Even if you bought the exact same unit as mine the measurements could very well be different.

glad the only things i've bought so far have been pots, pans and dishes.... i'm not buyin a piece of furniture or big ticket item until i can measure the actual space

anyone here have a "yonge" floorplan?

glad the only things i've bought so far have been pots, pans and dishes.... i'm not buyin a piece of furniture or big ticket item until i can measure the actual space

anyone here have a "yonge" floorplan?

me too, have had kitchen stuff for a while not, last week was a new mattress and tv, wall mounts. rest is when I measure during the PDI.

Hey GPalltheway,

what tv? I just went with the new samsung LED line. quite a beautiful screen on them.

what tv? I just went with the new samsung LED line. quite a beautiful screen on them.

I actually meant to say TV stand but I also bought a new TV as well. I bought the new Sharp LED with the quad pixel. Picture quality is really good. The only issue I have been having is audio sync issues where the picture and audio is out of sync.

How is the samsung? Did you get a 6 series? I was looking at those as well.

I actually meant to say TV stand but I also bought a new TV as well. I bought the new Sharp LED with the quad pixel. Picture quality is really good. The only issue I have been having is audio sync issues where the picture and audio is out of sync.

syncing issue seems a bit off, weird actually.

yeah, I got the 6 series - the unit is off the hook!

Good choice on the aquos. It is basically the best out there right now.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on condo purchases, but when you say 3.7% of your purchase price, are you referring to how they calculate your "rent"? And is it the original price or price with upgrades (not that it would make a huge difference unless you spent $10000+ in upgrades...)?

Also, another dumb question, but when you officially pay mortgage? Would we be paying mortgage and "rent" the first few months?

Finally, I'm in M3 but bought 2yrs ago and deposited 15%, do I get any interest over the next 3yrs on this money? Sorry, I don't have a lawyer yet so not familiar with all these details..........

Thanks!!

Hey,

You will get some interest on that deposit you made to the builder, but you wont get that 'till registration.
as for the rent, they calculate it on the amount remaining.
say your condo costs 300,000.00 and your deposit is 75,000.00 (25%) (upgrades are not added to this amount).
then they will calculate the 3.70 on the remaining amount of 225,000.00. this money will not count as a mortgage payment. it is basically you paying rent 'till the building is registered. once the building is registered your amounts will change depending on what kind of MTG you got and your rates with the bank.

Good choice on the aquos. It is basically the best out there right now.

I beg to differ!!! hahaha. Only reason I went with the samsung, was of the soundbar, wireless subwoofer and no need for wires. Thought the combo of samsungs will speak better to one another than crossing brands.

Back