News   Jul 10, 2024
 174     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 983     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I thought bell TV is satelite and that we are not allowed to install individual satelites? Does bell offer some other option?

Bell Canada offers a community satellite receiver service called MDU (presumably for Multiple Dwelling Unit), in which a master satellite receiver is installed on the roof of a building (Apartment, Condominium or, one of their major markets - Hotels), from which the signal is distributed through the building's cabling system. While both Bell and Rogers use MPEG 2 compression in their broadcast signals, Bell uses a higher bit rate than Rogers, which is behind their advertising of the Best HD.

AHK

Bell Canada offers a community satellite receiver service called MDU (presumably for Multiple Dwelling Unit), in which a master satellite receiver is installed on the roof of a building (Apartment, Condominium or, one of their major markets - Hotels), from which the signal is distributed through the building's cabling system. While both Bell and Rogers use MPEG 2 compression in their broadcast signals, Bell uses a higher bit rate than Rogers, which is behind their advertising of the Best HD.

AHK

In order for the condo to get this, First we need to have a condo board that can approve this. if BELL is satellite right now NOBODY will be able to get it. Also in order for the condo to approve it they will need to have a number of units agreeing to the BELL service, as I don't think they will approve it for 10 units only (this is an example) Just go for the 3 months free. I have had no problems with Rogers as I am currently living in M1.
I don't think it will be that hard for Rogers to add Internet and Cable service to M2 by move in time. It is not that hard (just talked to an IT guy from Rogers). Don't worry guys, Rogers wants you before BELL can grab you, so you should have INTERNET.

I'm hoping to get Bell Fibe. Faster than Rogers and cheaper, but I'll gladly take 3 months free to start.

In order for the condo to get this, First we need to have a condo board that can approve this. if BELL is satellite right now NOBODY will be able to get it......

The developer can bring Bell in once the building is sufficiently ready (as was done in the building I am in) - does not need to wait for registration and the board to be in place - unless the developer is not willing to work with Bell for the MDU service.

Also, Bell has a 'Greenfield' offering for residents in new buildings - three months free service as well....

AHK

Has anybody from M2 heard from their Lawyer yet? On a side note- I spoke to Rogers and got an appointment in M2 for cable and internet set up. Don't worry about previous posts on Nov.

Hey guys,

So I had my PDI today. Just thought I'd share my experience and what I learnt.

- Floor plan differed quite a bit from the actual construction. My kitchen shrunk quite a bit which I am not very happy about. I lost what should have been an entire set of drawers and probably about 7 or 8 square feet, maybe even more.
- I have an extra window in the master betroom looking into my balcany which was not per the floor plan, which is kinda annoying because now I have a wall of windows plus a little L shape of windows which will be a pain to get drapes figured out, will probably need to get them custom made.
- Rogers has an exclusive for at least a year from what the builder rep told me. So for all those who were hoping to get some Bell action going (including myself) we will have to wait a while.
- The main ammenities (between M2 and M3) are probably going to be ready in the next few months, The builder rep estimated in about 4-6 months. This was news to me as I was originally told they would only be ready once all 4 buildings were done.
- As expected, the place was pretty filthy, will need a really good cleaning after I paint.
- I had several crooked walls. Probably just going to live with them as it will be a pain to have the builder come and tear down walls in my living room and I was told they will build out, which means I will lose floor space.
- No major problems other than a bunch of small cosmetic ones. The only big one is that one of my AC units was not working, just blowing out hot air. Hopefully they will have this fixed before I move in but I'm not counting on it.

Overall I was pretty satisified. Just going to need to figure out furniture placement and that kind of stuff due to the changes from the original floor plan. Will post some pictures shortly.

Here's some picks and my original floor plan so you can see some of the changes.

Attachments

• Main Bathroom.jpg
    Main Bathroom.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Living and Dining Room 3.jpg
    Living and Dining Room 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Second Bedroom.jpg
    Second Bedroom.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Living and Dining Room.jpg
    Living and Dining Room.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Balcony.jpg
    Balcony.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Hall Light Fixture.jpg
    Hall Light Fixture.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Living and Dining Room 2.jpg
    Living and Dining Room 2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Master Bedroom.jpg
    Master Bedroom.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 231
  • Floor Plan.jpg
    Floor Plan.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 260
Gentlemen, need your suggestion I have a similar problem as "GPalltheway" no crooked walls luckily, but the floor planes in my purchase agreement have some noticeable discrepancies, also i have accesses to Issued For Constructions drawings (with dimensions) of our project where they completely correspond to floor planes from P.A.
My question: is there a protocol or a legal precedent to make the Builder fix the discrepancy or compensate the inconvenience in other way.
Feel free to speak up and share the opinions regarding this matter.

Attachments

• Floor plan1.jpg
    Floor plan1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 213
" Floor plan differed quite a bit from the actual construction."

i'm pretty sure they all will and don't expect much in the way of compensation

Gentlemen, need your suggestion I have a similar problem as "GPalltheway" no crooked walls luckily, but the floor planes in my purchase agreement have some noticeable discrepancies, also i have accesses to Issued For Constructions drawings (with dimensions) of our project where they completely correspond to floor planes from P.A.
My question: is there a protocol or a legal precedent to make the Builder fix the discrepancy or compensate the inconvenience in other way.
Feel free to speak up and share the opinions regarding this matter.

builder has the right to adjust and add and/or shrink 1-2% of floorplan. speak to your lawyer if anything.

Flaco, what are your interim costs at the moment?

Can you give a breakdown, Im quite interested in the calculation for the phantom mortgage.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info GPalltheway.

Wow - that's disappointing to hear that they changed so much of your plans... I know it's expected... but losing kitchen counter space in a condo is "ouch" :( I hope all else works out for the better for you. Your pictures look great though!

I just called Bell to see if the do have service in these condos (Sorry, I only checked with the M1 address... but I'm sure the same applies for M2). After lots of waiting on the phone, they basically told me that the address is NOT showing up in their system at all, which means that Bell service is not available (for the time being, I suppose) for this location. So I guess I won't be transferring my current Bell service... In fact, if Rogers turns out to be good enough or better, I guess that means Bell will be losing a customer :p

I'm sure once the condo board etc; gets set up, if people want Bell we'll eventually get it - but for now, I guess everyone should take advantage of the free Rogers service! I just called today to set it up as well (though I don't move in for another month+)

Back