News   Jul 10, 2024
 529     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 639     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I got a notice as well - pushed back to end of August for M1 LP level :(

I pass by this place everyday for work... they look like they have more than enough completed... if they extend again I'm going to flip out.

I know how anxious you guys feel. I'm getting ansy... I ended up rescinding my original Gramercy Park agreement because it was way too far out in lieu of picking a place in M1... I'd hate to see it get pushed out any further as I chose one of the remaining M1 units for the quick turn around.

Coldstudios...just squat the unit...move in before your occupancy date and pitch a tent. lol

Sweet. Thanks for posting as I have yet to go in and make my selections. Are you able to share what the upgrade prices are like? The sales rep that I dealt with didn't share any of that with me...quite frankly it bothered me...and cited that I should call the upgrades department.

I'm expecting the upgrade prices to be ridiculous, but I have no idea at the moment.

They are a rip off and over priced :)

When they did their viewing of this room, prices were given on most items. When I went in to choose my finishings about 6 months later, prices had gone up 50% on some things.

thanks for posting coldstudios (and welcome to UT) ... I'm disappointed yet am not suprised that Liberty is offering some bad looking standard finishes (ie: laminate cabinetry + white appliances? surely not the norm nowadays~), which is the reason I chose to stay away from Liberty Developments ... and indeed their sales people won't give you any information or an idea of what the upgrades show in the sales office would cost either ~

thanks for posting coldstudios (and welcome to UT) ... I'm disappointed yet am not suprised that Liberty is offering some bad looking standard finishes (ie: laminate cabinetry + white appliances? surely not the norm nowadays~), which is the reason I chose to stay away from Liberty Developments ... and indeed their sales people won't give you any information or an idea of what the upgrades show in the sales office would cost either ~

I agree with you that their choice of appliances and cabinetry is pretty weak. They were offering 'stainless steel' appliances, when I signed, that look pretty crapy as you can see by the picture of the stainless steel upgrade. You pay for what you get though...and they've been advertising as a 'cost effective' choice.

I will be weary when choosing my upgrade options...I almost want to go source the tiles, appliances, countertops, and everything else myself...lol

I agree with you that their choice of appliances and cabinetry is pretty weak. They were offering 'stainless steel' appliances, when I signed, that look pretty crapy as you can see by the picture of the stainless steel upgrade. You pay for what you get though...and they've been advertising as a 'cost effective' choice.

I will be weary when choosing my upgrade options...I almost want to go source the tiles, appliances, countertops, and everything else myself...lol

Yeah - I wasn't too impressed with their standard kitchen showroom (though the granite countertop they have there is nice - but not with that white and light wood combination... blegh). Fortunately the penthouse levels come with certain upgrades included in the price of the unit (like the molding, stainless steel appliances, hardwood flooring etc;)

I agree, if you're pretty handy around the house you're probably better off going the do-it-yourself way. It will be cheaper. Those backsplash tile upgrades for example, can be done fairly easily nowadays. The designer helping me mentioned that the upgrades for the cabinetry handles were about $180. You could probably do the same for much much less, I'm sure.

I know how anxious you guys feel. I'm getting ansy... I ended up rescinding my original Gramercy Park agreement because it was way too far out in lieu of picking a place in M1... I'd hate to see it get pushed out any further as I chose one of the remaining M1 units for the quick turn around.

Coldstudios...just squat the unit...move in before your occupancy date and pitch a tent. lol

LOL - I'm tempted to... I bought this place to relieve the commute I'm dealing with and passing by it everyday and watching it just sit there doesn't make it any easier.

I remeber briefly looking into Gramercy Park as well... that one is also taking a ridiculously long time, isn't it? I saw an ad in the Condo Guide last week stating that they have (finally) started construction.... Didn't this place get started up right around the time Metro Place did?

I'm pretty sure gramercy park WAS announced around when Metro Place was announced, if not a short while before.

I was looking at Gramercy, Metro and Portrait and as far as iI can tell Gramercy is barely a hole in the ground and Portrait? no idea. i don't think they've even broken ground yet.

Boy am I glad I bought when and where I did. I too drive by the site on an almost daily basis and I'm getting increasingly excited. altho it's driving me nuts that for the past 4 days or so the door on my balcony has been left open :/

======

another interesting read:

aily Commercial News

RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Proj: 9081526-6
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
Downsview Park, Sheppard Ave W, Allen Rd, M3K 2B6
$50,000,000 est

Note: Consultant has completed a four-phase multi-disciplinary planning study to be used as a recommended planning framework for the area. The study included an Master Plan and Environmental Assessment (EA) as phases one and two, which include a Transportation Master Plan, transit and parking strategies and implementation strategies. The study will dictate implementation of zoning and urban design guidelines. A Public Information Centre (PIC) will be held September, 2009 at the North York Civic Centre. Owner will present the EA, the related studies and public comment to City Council for approvals early November, 2009. Further update late November, 2009.

Project: proposed development of 212 acres of parkland in the 260 hectare Downsview Park, for the construction of a residential or commercial development. This project may include high-rise condominium buildings, townhouses, and retail space. Also proposed is redevelopment of 300 acres of existing parkland, community spaces, restaurants, and commercial space. The NE corner of the site can be followed under report number 1255962.

Scope: 212 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Restaurants; Parking bldgs

First report Thu May 08, 2008. Last report Thu Apr 23, 2009.
This report Tue Aug 25, 2009.

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?r...region=ontario

I got a notice as well - pushed back to end of August for M1 LP level :(

I pass by this place everyday for work... they look like they have more than enough completed... if they extend again I'm going to flip out.

I too pass by twice a day to work! It used to be fun watching it grow, but then I got the first notice from Sept 09 to June 10, then the second to July, then the third to August! Now it aint fun watching it being built, just a tad hostility :)

I think the reasoning behind the bump is to move in both buildings at the same time, may equal to quicker registration,

"I will be weary when choosing my upgrade options...I almost want to go source the tiles, appliances, countertops, and everything else myself...lol"

"You should. They made some awful design choices. "

signed. i plan on upgrading to hardwood myself and i'll save a bundle. i also plan on putting in my own upgraded backsplash, heated tile in the ensuite bathroom, put in my own upgraded kitchen hardware (handles, etc) and i might replace the kitchen faucet also. these are all DIY projects that will save me a bundle, add to the look and value of the condo and most importantly, when you do things like this yourself, you have a greater sense of pride than if you paid someone else to do it for you.

signed. i plan on upgrading to hardwood myself and i'll save a bundle. i also plan on putting in my own upgraded backsplash, heated tile in the ensuite bathroom, put in my own upgraded kitchen hardware (handles, etc) and i might replace the kitchen faucet also. these are all DIY projects that will save me a bundle, add to the look and value of the condo and most importantly, when you do things like this yourself, you have a greater sense of pride than if you paid someone else to do it for you.

I as well opted out on the backsplash, kitchen handles, bathroom handles and racks. They wanted a grand for a decent backsplash, over two hundred for nice handles and faucets.

Cant wait!!

You should for the appliances, although you only have one choice of where to get them, but after the research they were the cheapest compared to others.

another interesting read:

aily Commercial News

RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Proj: 9081526-6
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
Downsview Park, Sheppard Ave W, Allen Rd, M3K 2B6
$50,000,000 est

Note: Consultant has completed a four-phase multi-disciplinary planning study to be used as a recommended planning framework for the area. The study included an Master Plan and Environmental Assessment (EA) as phases one and two, which include a Transportation Master Plan, transit and parking strategies and implementation strategies. The study will dictate implementation of zoning and urban design guidelines. A Public Information Centre (PIC) will be held September, 2009 at the North York Civic Centre. Owner will present the EA, the related studies and public comment to City Council for approvals early November, 2009. Further update late November, 2009.

Project: proposed development of 212 acres of parkland in the 260 hectare Downsview Park, for the construction of a residential or commercial development. This project may include high-rise condominium buildings, townhouses, and retail space. Also proposed is redevelopment of 300 acres of existing parkland, community spaces, restaurants, and commercial space. The NE corner of the site can be followed under report number 1255962.

Scope: 212 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Restaurants; Parking bldgs

First report Thu May 08, 2008. Last report Thu Apr 23, 2009.
This report Tue Aug 25, 2009.

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?r...region=ontario

Well, it has begun,...alot of people are against this and I for one dont know how I feel about it. I dont know if the area can sustain more urbanization. What they are doing with the park i.e. throwing money at it is only a fog to cover up the fact they are selling a large part for development. Time will tell.

I like the idea on the sheppard ave side, but on the keele and wilson area, I am not too sure about.

Last edited:

You stayed away because of design options? Hardly a reason, that is pretty much the one thing you have the ability to change. I didnt like them either, in fact, hated them, so I forked over some dough and got what I liked. Done and done.

Back