News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 800     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

It did not have cable in the past but I don't know about the present time . I would guess that it still doesn't have cable , just for DVD's but you can ask to be certain.

It had to… We had a Royal Wedding event there, and people fighting over watching live hockey or basketball...

How do I get an extra set of keys? My door suite key and entry fob?

If you live in M 1 or M 2 then go to the Property Management office located in the lobby of M 2 and speak with Kitty. If you live in M 3 or M 4, once again go to your Property Management office but I don't know where your office is located, I think it is in M 3 but you can ask the front desk in your lobby . Also as far as I know these keys cost $50 to purchase plus they will also want to know why you need them .For security reasons they are careful here about who they give keys out to.

I used the media room in M2 over the weekend to watch a dvd - I was wondering if anyone has experienced what I did when using it. The sound would cut in and out for awhile then it stopped but sometimes it was really bad where we couldnt enjoy the movie cause the sound was so intermittant. Has anyone experienced this and if so how do you fix it?

Hello all, new condo owner here on M2, I have a couple of questions:

- I saw a few pages back that the wooden poles on Sheppard where put up last year, has anyone confirmed if they are permanent? They do not block my view (im just above). But I was wondering if they are just temporary due to all the development to be done in the area.

- How "bad" is the noise for the south facing units? I see that closed windows reduce the noise considerably but I just wanted to hear from members here about their experience.

Thank you all!

Hello all, new condo owner here on M2, I have a couple of questions:

- I saw a few pages back that the wooden poles on Sheppard where put up last year, has anyone confirmed if they are permanent? They do not block my view (im just above). But I was wondering if they are just temporary due to all the development to be done in the area.

- How "bad" is the noise for the south facing units? I see that closed windows reduce the noise considerably but I just wanted to hear from members here about their experience.

Thank you all!

Welcome welcome! Don't know much about the poles. The odd fuel truck at night is a little annoying, but besides that most of the noise outside the windows is just a dull hum. Airplanes used to be tested around the clock, but now there's no takeoffs before 7am. Really windy days can also cause some weird whistling, but it's rare that it's windy enough to cause that. With the windows closed, noise is really not a big deal for me.

Thank you LongTime! Very excited to move in and start making our lives there. All the development around that area will be interesting. I have a couple of more questions for you or anyone at the forum:

- Our unit has a den, in the future we are plannig on using that den as a nursery, is it possible to add a door to the den? If it is I am guessing we must use the condo approved service provider for this right?

- From past post I see the hydro bills range from 35-65 or so. I am guessing this was before the last hike, or are these rates still valid today. We have always rented before and the rent included all utilities so this will be the first time we pay hydro directly.

Thank you all!

Thank you LongTime! Very excited to move in and start making our lives there. All the development around that area will be interesting. I have a couple of more questions for you or anyone at the forum:

- Our unit has a den, in the future we are plannig on using that den as a nursery, is it possible to add a door to the den? If it is I am guessing we must use the condo approved service provider for this right?

- From past post I see the hydro bills range from 35-65 or so. I am guessing this was before the last hike, or are these rates still valid today. We have always rented before and the rent included all utilities so this will be the first time we pay hydro directly.

Thank you all!

Welcome!!

I am also south facing in M2 and I am on the 3rd floor. With my windows closed the noise is pretty much non existent. Even in the evenings with my windows open the noise is not so loud that it is a nuicsience, I can sleep comfortably. That part of sheppard I don't find too busy with traffic only during rush hour. The noise that you do hear with the windows closed is the snow plows which can wake you up pretty early.

My hydro bill has never been more than $50, and the lowest it has been is $35. But in an average month it is usually $44, if you are south and one of the middle units, you can usually get away with not having your heat on all through winter I find, as the sun will heat up your unit alot. I stay usually at 21-22 degrees if my unit is off. In the summer just keep your blinds closed and you should be fine. If you wash your laundry in cold water that will also keep your hydro bills relatively low. Be aware of the time of use rates and you'll be good.

Enjoy your new home!

Welcome!!

I am also south facing in M2 and I am on the 3rd floor. With my windows closed the noise is pretty much non existent. Even in the evenings with my windows open the noise is not so loud that it is a nuicsience, I can sleep comfortably. That part of sheppard I don't find too busy with traffic only during rush hour. The noise that you do hear with the windows closed is the snow plows which can wake you up pretty early.

My hydro bill has never been more than $50, and the lowest it has been is $35. But in an average month it is usually $44, if you are south and one of the middle units, you can usually get away with not having your heat on all through winter I find, as the sun will heat up your unit alot. I stay usually at 21-22 degrees if my unit is off. In the summer just keep your blinds closed and you should be fine. If you wash your laundry in cold water that will also keep your hydro bills relatively low. Be aware of the time of use rates and you'll be good.

Enjoy your new home!

Thank you for your input Stephie! We will be on the 8th floor, I was also guessing that the sun will play a big part on the heat in the apartment. As for the peak hours for Hydro I was not aware I already looked into it and it looks they are due for the summer hours announcement, either way we will definitely keep an eye out for those hours when doing the laundry (which having the machines in the unit is a huuuuuge welcomed change from dragging butt down to laundry rooms ;) ). Thanks again!

Parking available in P2. Very close to M2 / M3 area. Key fob provided with deposit.
Available starting May, year contract preferred with predated cheques.

Thank you all!

Welcome M2Fam

Poles: They are "temporary", they run power to the new ttc station. Hopefully they will go underground once that project wraps up... sometime in 2017 (lol)

Noise: I live on the 5th floor, south facing. During the day there is some street noise but if you keep your windows closed you won't hear a thing. Usually by 7pm it calms down, however, as someone else mentioned the only nuisance is the odd gas tanker truck or when the airport is testing planes. That said, if you are a light sleeper (like my wife) you'll likely close your window at night.

Den: you should be able to put a wall with a door on the den and you should be able to use your own contractor. You may want to check who the building uses though, as you may get a better rate from them. Kitty at the management office can help you, she's super helpful.

Hydro: I'm not sure how people are spending $40/month on hydro, my wife and I only do laundry/use the washing machine after 7PM and on weekends and all of our appliances/electronics are energy star and our spring/summer hydro bill hovers around $70 and fall/winter is closer to $80-85. For example, my most recent bill was $71 and we haven't been running the heat for 2 weeks.

Welcome M2Fam

Poles: They are "temporary", they run power to the new ttc station. Hopefully they will go underground once that project wraps up... sometime in 2017 (lol)

Noise: I live on the 5th floor, south facing. During the day there is some street noise but if you keep your windows closed you won't hear a thing. Usually by 7pm it calms down, however, as someone else mentioned the only nuisance is the odd gas tanker truck or when the airport is testing planes. That said, if you are a light sleeper (like my wife) you'll likely close your window at night.

Den: you should be able to put a wall with a door on the den and you should be able to use your own contractor. You may want to check who the building uses though, as you may get a better rate from them. Kitty at the management office can help you, she's super helpful.

Hydro: I'm not sure how people are spending $40/month on hydro, my wife and I only do laundry/use the washing machine after 7PM and on weekends and all of our appliances/electronics are energy star and our spring/summer hydro bill hovers around $70 and fall/winter is closer to $80-85. For example, my most recent bill was $71 and we haven't been running the heat for 2 weeks.

Do you do your laundy in cold water? My friends bill was crazy high like that as well and when we went through it together as she could not beleive I only spend $45 and my place is bigger than her's and I am home more. She always did laundry in hot water and ran the dryer for about an hour - she started to wash in cold water and run her dryer on the automatic shut off, which is usually a lot less time than just letting it run on its own and her bill dropped by $40 last month. Just a thought, check it out.

Back